Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/3/2009 5:36:01 AM EDT
Greetings,

I'm curious about the Bulgarian flash hider that resembles a Noveske and the one thats most seen on Krinkov's.  They are labeled as flash hiders, but do they also direct the noise away from the shooter?  Which one is more effective?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:56:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:25:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:I'm curious about the Bulgarian flash hider that resembles a Noveske and the one thats most seen on Krinkov's.

Actually it's the other way around...Noveske was inspired by the Bulgarian 4 piece flash supressor. It is to date the most effective flash suppresor for SBRs which are notorious for producing massive fire balls. That is why Noveske liked it so much that he made his own version for the AR/M16 platform.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:31:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:I'm curious about the Bulgarian flash hider that resembles a Noveske and the one thats most seen on Krinkov's.

Actually it's the other way around...Noveske was inspired by the Bulgarian 4 piece flash supressor. It is to date the most effective flash suppresor for SBRs which are notorious for producing massive fire balls. That is why Noveske liked it so much that he made his own version for the AR/M16 platform.

Someone's obviously never actually fired a KX-3...

They do direct the blast away from the shooter, but there is definitely no reduction in flash / fireball.  
If you want an effective flash suppressor, get a Vortex or a Blackout...
They make them for AK's too...
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:32:00 AM EDT
[#4]
if you put it on a full length gun, get a stronger recoil spring. Or you'll batter your rear trunnion.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:16:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.mggraphics.net/pics/flamepic4.jpg

They do direct the blast away from the shooter, but there is definitely no reduction in flash / fireball.  

I stand corrected in my statement that the Bulgarian 4 piece flash supressor is to date the moste effective flash suppresor for SBR's (we are talking AK's here).  As for the Noveske...I have never shot one, but according to Noveske and the BATFE the KX3 Flash Suppressor is classified as such...

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:56:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.mggraphics.net/pics/flamepic4.jpg

I stand corrected in my statement that the Bulgarian 4 piece flash supressor is to date the moste effective flash suppresor for SBR's (we are talking AK's here).  As for the Noveske...I have never shot one, but according to Noveske and the BATFE the KX3 Flash Suppressor is classified as such...

it will surpress the flash as there is more room for the powder to burn before exiting... but other options hide the flash better...  The point of these FH is to increase reliability and decrease flash at the same time.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:24:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I appreciate the help.  I did a little more looking around after posting this thread and I found that the 4-piece is probably the way to go when it comes to devices meant specifically for the AK.  What i'm looking for is a compact device that both sends the sound away from my ears and hides the flash.  I was planning on putting this on a short barrel which are pretty frickin' loud from what I read.  Is there something else I should be looking at other than a suppressor?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top