Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/2/2009 7:17:05 AM EDT
I'm looking for a reasonably priced unmagnified optic for my RPK, it would be nice if it could be priced below 100 dollars, but I'm willing to spend up to 200 dollars. I have a tri-rail mounted on it, traditional 1913 style railing.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:30:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Ultimak and a Bushnell TRS22 (or whatever their micro copy is)
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:26:27 AM EDT
[#2]
What do you guys think of Truglo optics? I have a model of theirs on my AR57, it seems like a nice optic, but I don't know very much about optic quality to begin with.....
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:26:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Ultimak and a Bushnell TRS25 (or whatever their micro copy is)

Fixed it. The TRS is a good little dot for the money and it will co-witness on an Ultimak.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:44:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixed it. The TRS is a good little dot for the money and it will co-witness on an Ultimak.

Thanks, that's definitely my price range.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:35:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Im considering that combo on my RPK 74.

I cant think of too many more fun combos than a 45 round mag, a nice heavy basically recoil-less rifle, and a red dot to mow down targets with
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:50:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Im considering that combo on my RPK 74.

I cant think of too many more fun combos than a 45 round mag, a nice heavy basically recoil-less rifle, and a red dot to mow down targets with

Roger that, not to mention the bi-pod.

Not that I mind the AK style sights, I just want faster target acquisition .
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#7]
have you looked at the Millet Zoom Dot...not sure what they are going for now days, also the burris speed bead...when i was in the market for optics, these were some of my considerations.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
have you looked at the Millet Zoom Dot...not sure what they are going for now days, also the burris speed bead...when i was in the market for optics, these were some of my considerations.

Hmm the Millet is a little more than I would like to spend, the Burris is dang close to the right price, and looks good.....

Thanks for the input
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:16:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Also check out the new IOR red dot. You can be the test pilot for us
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top