Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2009 4:37:17 PM EDT
I just took a look at the AK section of the EE.  It's been so long since I've been to the EE, that I didn't even know they had brought the old EE back. (Although I'm glad they did.)

Anyway, you can truly see the effect that Arsenal's pricing has had just by looking at the EE.  All of a sudden, as of last Saturday, nobody's used 7.62 AK is worth much more than...$500.  Tops.  And with $499 74's, and $599 NICE 74's, asking for more than $600 for almost any 74 seems equally ludicrous.

It's a little comical, in a sad sort of way, to see people asking for prices that - at least temporarily - are insanely high.  I mean, a $895 SGL20???  I don't think so.  But I say it's "sad" because I know several of those guys probably really need the cash.  It's bad for them that the AK market has, at least temporarily, completely crashed.
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It's bad for them that the AK market has, at least temporarily, completely crashed.

Bad for them but luckily I'm in the buyer category
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 7:31:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I hear you brother!
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 6:56:30 AM EDT
[#3]
The magazine market needs to crash next.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 7:50:10 AM EDT
[#4]
The sad thing is, there are some REALLY nice 74's out there that aren't selling because everyone thinks these new 5-600 dollar ones are the greatest thing in the world.  

650 dollar straight stock AK's have been around forever, via ORF.
Link Posted: 10/29/2009 8:41:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hell, I'm waiting for the ammo market.

Link Posted: 10/29/2009 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You and me both!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 6:49:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You and me both!

Hear, hear! I want $100 per k 5.56, and $70 per k 7.62x39!

As for the AK market... I picked a lousy time to sell my collection.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 6:52:04 AM EDT
[#8]
mags are like 8-10 bucks a piece.

I wish ammo would come back down to at least $150 a K for 7.62x39
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 12:10:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The sad thing is, there are some REALLY nice 74's out there that aren't selling because everyone thinks these new 5-600 dollar ones are the greatest thing in the world.  

650 dollar straight stock AK's have been around forever, via ORF.

Yeah.   Too bad they're built by ORF.

Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS!

Also, the market hasn't crashed, it's just deflated and come back to quasi-regular prices.  It still isn't what it was a year ago, so it's not like they've devalued a great deal, they've just gone back to normal.  I just think there's a lot of guys so new to AK's they didn't know WASR's could be had for less than 600 dollars at a gun show.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#10]
SNIP

Hear, hear! I want $100 per k 5.56, and $70 per k 7.62x39!

As for the AK market... I picked a lousy time to sell my collection. [/quote]

At these prices I would buy a LOT more ammo. A LOT.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:15:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm not so sure about this.  You can get steel com-bloc mags for under $10 at AIM and both Cope's and AIM will sell you polymer -74 combloc mags for $15 (go to the Industry section to get the code for the AIM discount on -74 mags).

Not sure these need to get much cheaper.  If they do, there will be little/no profit margin left and we may wind up seeing a lot fewer options.

Hell, M14 mags are still $20 apiece and Rev. M P-Mags are $15ish.  AK mags are about right at the present time IMO.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:22:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not so sure about this.  You can get steel com-bloc mags for under $10 at AIM and both Cope's and AIM will sell you polymer -74 combloc mags for $15 (go to the Industry section to get the code for the AIM discount on -74 mags).

Not sure these need to get much cheaper.  If they do, there will be little/no profit margin left and we may wind up seeing a lot fewer options.

Hell, M14 mags are still $20 apiece and Rev. M P-Mags are $15ish.  AK mags are about right at the present time IMO.

I didn't buy enough $3 mags. $10 is just OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top