Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/19/2009 4:52:27 PM EDT
okay i just bought a Bulgarian Ak47, with a removable slant muzzle break, and i see in other forums that if your right handed shooter, the slant should be facing one way, and if your left handed shooter the slant is facing the other way....

My question is if i am looking down the sights, ready to shoot, and i am a right handed shooter should the slant be angled the way "\" or this way "/"

Thanks for reading and any info will be greatly appreciated....
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:49:38 PM EDT
[#1]
It doesn't matter unless it's full auto. And the break should always be to your right and up.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:56:18 PM EDT
[#2]
"\" or "/" when looking down the sights, like your ready to shoot it????

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:57:38 PM EDT
[#3]
no offense, but why would the physics be different in full auto vs semi auto??  doesn't make sense....
to the OP.  the kalashnikov, fired right or left handed, has a tendency to rise up and to the right. in both semi auto and full auto!
the bulk of the metal should be at the 7 o'clock / 8 o'clock position when sighting down the rifle.
meaning the center of opening should be at about the 2 o'clock position
HTH
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Excellent, and thanks for the info.....Greatly appreciated....
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#5]
The physics aren't different, but muzzle rise on single shot is low while on FA it's rather high. It does make a difference on FA.

Z
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top