Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/19/2009 10:49:09 AM EDT
Does any one make a good scope/red dot sight mount for the AK?  My eyes need a little help and lets face it the AK sights are not the est.  For what its worth its for a Bulgy 74 folder.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:54:01 AM EDT
[#1]
This is the best one IMO. Well made and very light, centered over the bore. Costly though!
KV-04S
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:46:35 PM EDT
[#2]
The BP-02 mount is nice as well, not as expensive as the KVAR.

Got mine from Kalinka Optics, took 4 days to get it.  I enjoy mine.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:06:29 PM EDT
[#3]
The KV-04 costs more because it's a better engineered mount built to a higher quality standard.  I've dumped all my BP-02s in favor of KV-04s.  For me, the difference in the quality is like night and day.  No doubt the BP-02 will get the job done (mostly, depending on your expectations), but it's not in the same league as the KV-04.  If you have the extra coin, the KV-04 is worth it IMO.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:07:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I have to play my Ultimak gas tube broken record again.

Z
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:15:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Z

And why not?  An Ultimak/MRD combo is one of the best set-ups out there.  I love mine as much as you do your's I'm sure.  Numerous ways to mount a red dot on an AK, each one having it's strong points.  

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:28:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm thinking my AK with one of these mounts and a scope would be as good as any AR for real combat.  So do I have to have a smith drill and tap my receiver to mount this Kvar mount?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'm thinking my AK with one of these mounts and a scope would be as good as any AR for real combat.  So do I have to have a smith drill and tap my receiver to mount this Kvar mount?

You'll need an optics side rail on your AK.  Many AKs come with them already installed.  Otherwise, you can install one yourself or have a gunsmith do it for you.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:04:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And why not?  An Ultimak/MRD combo is one of the best set-ups out there.  I love mine as much as you do your's I'm sure.  Numerous ways to mount a red dot on an AK, each one having it's strong points.  

No question I love mine and I feel strongly it's the best dot based solution out there, but sometimes I get tired of saying the same stuff over and over. I'm sure others do to

You know how it is on a forum, the more time you spend on it, the more you see the same questions asked 30-40-50 times a day.

Z
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Being a side folder, I dont have the rail mount, but I see LaRue makes a Doc Optics site that mounts where the rear sight is, after removing the rear sight, anyone know about the these?LaRue AK Sight
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No question I love mine and I feel strongly it's the best dot based solution out there, but sometimes I get tired of saying the same stuff over and over. I'm sure others do to

You know how it is on a forum, the more time you spend on it, the more you see the same questions asked 30-40-50 times a day.
Z

It's inevitable.  With a few rare exceptions, it's all been said and done before.  If we didn't talk about the same old shit over and over again, we'd have nothing to talk about.

After a while, you develop canned answers for everything.  It becomes spontaneous, no thought required.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top