Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/17/2009 6:52:18 PM EDT
O.K. So I have an excellent condition Romy G kit. Who should I have build it? How much will it cost and how long will I be without it. I want reliability but I am on a tight budget. Just want a no frills AK.

THX,

Z
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:41:37 AM EDT
[#1]
So you want work that is

excellent
cheap
fast

Sorry - but you can only pick one.  Two if the moon is in the right alignment.  Three just ain't gonna happen.

Howabout "I'm building a rifle that will be around long after I'm gone - let me get the best one I can so my great grandchildren won't curse for for taking short cuts.

Probably better to sell the parts kit and buy a finished gun built by a reliable smith.  

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:45:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Jim Fuller is pretty good and so is Overland (Where I got my AK from)
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:46:03 PM EDT
[#3]
overland built two for me.  one sbr.  good work.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Henderson Defence has a good rep
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:24:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Jim Fuller is pretty good and so is Overland (Where I got my AK from)

I got to meet Jim this past july hell of a nice guy and the ak's i saw that he built were GTG.

I bought a Henderson Defense build over a yr ago I'm happy with it......

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:38:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I will mention the builder that I have been using.  I have gone through Andre Varrin and Wayne Sandlin of South Texas Armory out of Houstan, TX.  I have found them to be reasonably priced, turnaround time of around 6 weeks but probably the best thing about them is the quality of work they produce.  They have done a Romy G kit, a Russian PLO AKM kit and now they are working on a M-72 RPK kit.  The two rifles that were completed were getting close groups at the range.  In my opinion they do excellent work.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:03:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I will mention the builder that I have been using.  I have gone through Andre Varrin and Wayne Sandlin of South Texas Armory out of Houstan, TX.  I have found them to be reasonably priced, turnaround time of around 6 weeks but probably the best thing about them is the quality of work they produce.  They have done a Romy G kit, a Russian PLO AKM kit and now they are working on a M-72 RPK kit.  The two rifles that were completed were getting close groups at the range.  In my opinion they do excellent work.

Pics of PLO build, please!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top