Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/17/2009 5:59:59 PM EDT
I have been looking around EE here and on other boards for a AK47/74 and it seems to me prices are still over-inflated?...Is it just me or am I misinterpreting the current market?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:03:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Prices were getting expensive for an AKs up to two years ago. Parts kits have been trying up. The good ol' days of cheap AKs is over, gun panic or not.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Patience, my young jedi...stubborn sellers still haven't gotten it in their head that the reason no one is buying their guns is because they're just priced too damn high for the current market.  I'm priced $50 below what I paid and not one bite, and it's gonna get a whole lot worse IMO.

If you MUST buy an AK, get an SSR-85 or WASR and be done with it.  On the 74 side, get a Tantal you know doesn't keyhole or a solid Bulgy build.  Then, wait for the real deals to come in.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:43:39 AM EDT
[#3]
The price of new imported goods will probably not fall much. The people who make those goods know the the dollar is worth less everyday. As the Fed continues to create dollars to purchase government bonds that no one else wants, the price of new imported goods will rise, since it will require more dollars to purchase a Euro.
Used goods which aren't necessities will become less expensive for a time as motivated sellers look to convert assets into cash to purchase necessities. Eventually, everyone becomes aware that the dollar is worth less and the price of all goods will rise.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:32:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't think prices will drop considerably from where they are now. We have reached a new price point in the AK world.
Things are just not available like they use to be. Everything has gone up over the last few years. Parts kits which are drying up,
bayonets, slings, optics, furniture, spare parts, etc. etc. Of course there is still a lot of stuff available, but some stuff is rarer then others
and is reflected in the price. The glory days are over and I missed them having gotten in to the game too late.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:55:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the good points to consider....Perhaps I should buy a cheapy Certified Wasr for the time being.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:35:47 AM EDT
[#6]
There is also a vast difference in quality between AKs, depending on who built it.  An AK built by a competent smith who knows what he is doing is going to cost more than some cobbled together piece of crap - but only to a buyer who can both tell the difference and gives a damn.  The vast majority of AK buyers can't tell one AK from another, don't know the first thing about quality, and wouldn't care if they did - the ONLY thing that matters to them is how cheap they can get it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have been looking around EE here and on other boards for a AK47/74 and it seems to me prices are still over-inflated?...Is it just me or am I misinterpreting the current market?

Try here

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=122085
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top