Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/17/2009 12:28:54 PM EDT
Just wandering around and saw this - curious about the POR - I always am curious.  Anybody think this is the deal I do?

At that price I have to have one - hard to lose on an AK for under $400.  I have dealt with AIM many, many times and IMO, they are top notch people.  My PSL I bought there, I absolutely love it.

$399 - was the POR

Gotta make room in the safe

Mommy said NO to my AK  I have spent a lot so I can't blame her.

ETA: The "Not for sale in MD" is a mistake.

They willl ship the rifle to MD - just not any mag over 20 rounds

They really need to clarify that on the web page.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#1]
That's IMPOSSIBLE.  Gun prices only go up.  There is no bubble.

Seriously dude, good price.  I imagine it'll get even better, but if you don't have an AK and want one, you should do it.  If you have plenty of them already, wait a little while longer.  I'm trying to sell one of my rifles at a "fair" price and NO ONE is biting.  People need to eat and pay the mortgage, and they can't give the bank a couple of AKs in exchange for one month's mortgage.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:38:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I can dig it - the only AK type is the AIM PSL - which is a beat.  Not really an AK guy (prefer the SKS), but at this price, I can be an AK guy

As far as prices going down - well there is a floor below which there is no $ in it to produce and sell so they'll stop.

Kinda like trying to time the stock market - can't be done.

I'm buying NOW, at that price, they won't be around long - just my thoughts.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

As far as prices going down - well there is a floor below which there is no $ in it to produce and sell so they'll stop.

Kinda like trying to time the stock market - can't be done.

I agree that one should not try to time gun buying as they would the stock market.  If one doesn't have an AK and wants one, then now is a good time to buy it.  However, if one has a whole lot of them and not a ton of extra savings to purchase it, it's better to wait and see if prices continue to decline.  As for the floor cost, WASRs are cheap to manufacture.  DIRT cheap.  Additionally, a lot more people are in danger of being foreclosed on their homes and having their cars repo'ed, not to mention sending their kids to private school or college in some cases.  They need money for this, and the additional supply flooding the market like it has been absent of real demand is driving down the prices.  There is no predictable floor as I see it and there isn't going to be any gov't bailout of gunowners.  Plenty of opportunity to see prices fall further, much further.  But what do I know?  When people were going loony on escalating prices in January, I was trying to inject some sanity and people thought I was silly for doing so.  Oh well.  To those people....I TOLD YOU SO!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:28:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok - since I fall into none of the distressed categories, I'll have the WASR thanks
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like I have my first AK.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#6]
GET IT!

My AK is a Norinco and was $300, 4 years ago!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#7]
You should also look on classic arms, they have a Romy underfolder for $399. IMHO I would buy this over the WASR.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You should also look on classic arms, they have a Romy underfolder for $399. IMHO I would buy this over the WASR.

Heres a mini review on the underfolders

I have a wasr and love it AKs arent supposed to be nice.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:04:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Mmmmm .
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:26:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Definately a beater, but should make a good trunk gun.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Not bad, may have to order one. Classicarms.us has underfolders for $399 with black plastic handguards. JGsales has them with wood handguards for $430-$399 depending how many you buy. I sense the "get both" may get the better part of me. Im half tempted to get 2 underfolders and a standard. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:21:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Definately a beater, but should make a good trunk gun.

Exactly - and a loaner in times of trouble.  Hell it's cheaper than a Russian SKS, which is used.  I don't know a lot about AKs, but at that price, I can learn.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:14:46 AM EDT
[#13]
or, you get this one. $529 at centerfiresystems.com. i know it's a little more but it has an nds receiver and plum hg's.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:53:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I looked - good deal but IMO an AK reallly deserves the wood furniture.  I just love the looks of wood - much warmer and more beauty.  Just my preference.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:57:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Just noticed the AIM WASR has a side-mount rail.  It's chrome lined as well - is that  the case with the Century?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:59:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heres a mini review on the underfolders

I have a wasr and love it AKs arent supposed to be nice.

The underfolder review wan't a good one.  Are the barrels chrome lined?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:07:37 AM EDT
[#17]
I would say the barrels are not chrome lined, but I could be wrong.

I like the wood look too but the only other AK I would add to my collection would be an under folder at this point.

IMHO I would not buy either of the rifles listed since I am picky about cosmetic condition unlike others who want a used beat up look to their rifle. But for the price you really can't go wrong.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top