Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2009 10:43:12 AM EDT
Wonder if Frequent Flier Miles are inncluded ?
centerfire systems
DRUM SPECS:
•7.62X39
•75RD
South Korean Mfg.
•Loads from rear
•Can be loaded by opening cover, then winding before using.
•Can be kept loaded without putting tension on spring.
•Blued steel construction

Link Posted: 6/20/2009 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link not working... looks like this is it:

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/drum-ak-c.aspx

Link Posted: 6/20/2009 3:10:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I am sure they are new manufacturing, same company as the recent 30 rounders and m1 carbine mags etc,
If i am not mistaken they have ar mags as well
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 5:07:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I have heard that the S. Korean 40 round mags are glued together, but the 30 rounders are welded. I have some of the 30's they are decent, but a little thinner metal, and the feed lips are rough. The pic of the drums on centerfire's site doesnt instill confidence in me, they look like the have indexing dimples, but i dont really see spot welds. Centerfire was giving them away for free with a rifle yesterday.

Edit to add: If Atlantic and AIM are willing to stand behind these then the drums may well be quality products. I would buy from either with confidence.
Link Posted: 6/20/2009 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have heard that the S. Korean 40 round mags are glued together, but the 30 rounders are welded. I have some of the 30's they are decent, but a little thinner metal, and the feed lips are rough. The pic of the drums on centerfire's site doesnt instill confidence in me, they look like the have indexing dimples, but i dont really see spot welds. Centerfire was giving them away for free with a rifle yesterday.

Maybe thats a sign, "giving them away"

If atlantic is selling them for around 130 bucks, i can still find a good romanian drum for that price, or for just a tad bit more a bulgy,
And i know that those are quality

But good to know that new production is in the market as far as hi cap drums go
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 7:13:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm gonna go ahead and pass on these. I just don't trust any AK magazines from a country that makes them soley for export.
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 8:36:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 8:40:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Korean mags are junk, be warned.  First foreign AK mag that's ever given me jams.

Steer clear; they're just foreign albeit metal promags.
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 12:12:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 12:34:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
i have the korean drum on my desk at work, they are great, they are commercial production, but so are the M14, M1 carbine, MP5 and AR15 mags, and all of those work great.

Have you taken it off your desk and used it?

I've used the korean mags, jams every last round, sometimes a jam or two per mag.  

Hopefully a new follower will remedy these problems, but maybe not.

They're way out of spec compared to normal AK mags.

I'll stick with milsurp mags from here on out.
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
i have the korean drum on my desk at work, they are great, they are commercial production, but so are the M14, M1 carbine, MP5 and AR15 mags, and all of those work great.

Have you taken it off your desk and used it?

I've used the korean mags, jams every last round, sometimes a jam or two per mag.  

Hopefully a new follower will remedy these problems, but maybe not.

They're way out of spec compared to normal AK mags.

I'll stick with milsurp mags from here on out.

+1

My korean 40 rd mag FELL APART when I attempetd to lock it into the gun at the range.

I will NEVER buy that shit again, not their m1 carbine mags, not their glock mags, not their ar-15 mags, not their m14 mags, and certainly not their crappy AK mags.
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 4:35:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 8:08:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Bryan never doubted anything you have passed along, so make the price right and i will take a stab at one.  

I am indifferent on the 30 rounders from korea, The recent romy mags were much superior and for only a buck more,
the choice was easy,

Link Posted: 6/21/2009 9:58:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
BTW I sold 6,000 of the Korean 30rd AK mags with 0 returns, the 40rd mags are a different bird, they were made at a different factory for a contract, they are not the same quality as normal Korean mags.

I'll get a video of my korean 30's jamming next time I go out.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 12:20:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Apparently NO ONE appreciated my attempt at Humor  

The CHICOMS are the Only ones known to have MFGed - and issued to their military - wind up rear-open drums for 7.62x39.
Recently it was said the tooling was sold to BULGARIAN interests.
( Atlantic Arms advertises Bulgarian Drums for sale )
How did SOUTH KOREA ( a U.S. Ally since WWII ) copy 50 year old CHINESE TOOLING and start making AK DRUMS

and Nobody knew anything about it?  

I find the whole thing hilarious.  

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 6:49:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 1:49:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
  Apparently NO ONE appreciated my attempt at Humor    

The CHICOMS are the Only ones known to have MFGed - and issued to their military - wind up rear-open drums for 7.62x39.

Recently it was said the tooling was sold to BULGARIAN interests.

( Atlantic Arms advertises Bulgarian Drums for sale )

How did SOUTH KOREA ( a U.S. Ally since WWII ) copy 50 year old CHINESE TOOLING and start making AK DRUMS
and Nobody knew anything about it?  

I find the whole thing hilarious.  

I find it righteous and full of WIN!

The Koreans are capitalists.  Despite some of the posts above, they have been producing some good magazines lately (M1 Carbine and Glock mags come to mind).  Someone over here probably said, "AK Drums sells for $150 per.  I bet you could make a clone for $20 in parts and labor and make out like a bandit."  

So they did.  We get drums.  They get $$$.  And the libs get crying fits as more drums and AK parts flood the market.
Link Posted: 6/22/2009 5:33:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/26/2009 5:41:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I just got mine and I did a quick test. It fit my Yugo M70AB1 perfectly but for the life of me, it wouldn't lock into the AB2. I have no idea why, but it just won't.

The drum seems to be built pretty well and looks exactly like the chinese version. The only difference so far is the chinese one is a lot darker than the korean one.

I'd give it 5 stars if it would fit in the damn AB2!  Both of my chinese ones have 0 fit problems.
Link Posted: 6/26/2009 5:45:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/26/2009 6:08:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
which one do you have?

clear bag in brown cardboard box

or

brown paper wrap in cardboard box

Okay got my curiousity what is the difference bryan

Link Posted: 6/26/2009 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/26/2009 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
well, the sample i had on my desk was from one importer, packaged in the brown envelope,

the ones we bought are in the clear plastic bag.   i tried these in a few guns and they fit great.

the brown envelope ones i never tried in a gun, and can't vouch for them, maybe i can pick them both up tomorrow and play with both

WOW what a job, do you get free ammo to "test" these drums in your own weapons.
Link Posted: 6/26/2009 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
well, the sample i had on my desk was from one importer, packaged in the brown envelope,

the ones we bought are in the clear plastic bag.   i tried these in a few guns and they fit great.

the brown envelope ones i never tried in a gun, and can't vouch for them, maybe i can pick them both up tomorrow and play with both

I got the one in the brown envelope :( Guess I got me a lemon!
Link Posted: 6/27/2009 10:23:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I just got mine and I did a quick test. It fit my Yugo M70AB1 perfectly but for the life of me, it wouldn't lock into the AB2. I have no idea why, but it just won't.

The drum seems to be built pretty well and looks exactly like the chinese version. The only difference so far is the chinese one is a lot darker than the korean one.

I'd give it 5 stars if it would fit in the damn AB2!  Both of my chinese ones have 0 fit problems.

Get a set of calipers and measure the rear locking lugs as well as the magazine catches.  My guess is that one, if not both, of those parts differs from the other.  

If the locking lug differs, I'm crazy enough to take a file and SLOWLY shape it to size.  Check fit frequently!
Link Posted: 7/22/2009 11:39:24 AM EDT
[#28]
are the korean drums at least the same thickness (sheet metal)?

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 9:22:29 PM EDT
[#29]
So are these drums good to go? Been seriously considering it for my AES10B RPK
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top