Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/15/2009 10:49:08 PM EDT
I mean the button that unlocks the stock fo it folds.

I just built a bulgy kit I've had laying around for a couple years, this is my first side folder. Should that button be really hard to press?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:53:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine was, until I used it a lot, kinda broke it in, now it's easier to operate.  As a trick, put pressure on the stock in the opening direction to releive pressure on the switch.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:29:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:53:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Mine was, until I used it a lot, kinda broke it in, now it's easier to operate.  As a trick, put pressure on the stock in the opening direction to releive pressure on the switch.

People that use mine have hell, but with that trick i make it look like a toddler can do it
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:54:59 AM EDT
[#4]
+1

my krink was a PITA
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:20:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Got it, so it's normal and may get a little better with use.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:57:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

+1000

My SLR-106 was a BEAR to operate until I just kept opening and closing it for a while. Now it's smooth as butter.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:39:07 AM EDT
[#7]
My sidefolder sticks sticks a bit on my Bulgy.  Tried opening and closing the hell out of it for the past few years but it still sticks.  I push the button in while I'm straightening the stock out and that way I can push it with my thumb.  If it opens on its own there's no way to break it loose with your thumb.  I use the bottom of a mag to thump it loose and it folds right up.  There seems to not be a lot of margin for error with those stocks.  If they're a little too tight they're difficult to break loose.  If they're a little too loose then they rattle and/or wobble.  I think most of these guys have it though: it'll almost inevitably loosen up some....just like a lot of parts in a Kalashnikov.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#8]
yes, new stocks are stiff, and no, you don't have to live with it. They are adjustable (in one direction - looser).  I reduce the pad on the left front of the stock portion and then run a rubber abrassive wheel through the right side where the latch engages.  Takes an extra 10 minutes per rifle, but needing a mallet to depress the button is not acceptable.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:53:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
yes, new stocks are stiff, and no, you don't have to live with it. They are adjustable (in one direction - looser).  I reduce the pad on the left front of the stock portion and then run a rubber abrassive wheel through the right side where the latch engages.  Takes an extra 10 minutes per rifle, but needing a mallet to depress the button is not acceptable.

Thanks Mark, I'll take a crack at it. Just got to remember to be careful.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top