Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2009 8:14:16 AM EDT
I have 2 of these guns, and bought 2 more at the gun show this past weekend. J&G Sales had them at a fair price, so I grabbed another couple. It has been my experience personally that the 4 I have are very solid, well built rifles. Nothing "rattles", and all magazines fit nice and solidly without any slop. All run well out of the box. I prefer them to the WASR 10's because they come with a removable slant brake, and a bayonet lug standard. Many WASR 10's don't. I know the ones J&G was selling right next to the GP-75's didn't. I prefer the all black furniture also. I know they don't have chromed lined bores, but that isn't an issue with me because I don't run my guns that hot, or shoot corrosive ammo in them.

How many of you own and shoot the Century GP-1975, and what has been your experience with them, both good and bad?   Bill T.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:07:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I had one and sold it to fund a Bulgarian ak74.

The receiver cover rattled, and the action was rough, but reliable and accurate to the 100 yards I shoot within. It was a great rifle for the price and I kinda miss it already.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:26:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been checkin them out, I was'nt all that inpressed with what I saw. They just don't seem to be built all that great, however, I'm sure they won't be available forever.

What is a fair price to pay for one?

The ones I saw at a GS were. $699
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:42:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What is a fair price to pay for one?

The ones I saw at a GS were. $699

$569.95 @ J&G

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
$569.95 @ J&G

That's what I paid for both of mine at the show last weekend. Now all I need are some nice clean, new bayonets and scabbards for all of them. I'm holding out for some really nice ones. Not something that looks like it was buried under an apartment in Budapest for 50 years!     Bill T.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:49:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
$569.95 @ J&G

That's what I paid for both of mine at the show last weekend. Now all I need are some nice clean, new bayonets and scabbards for all of them. I'm holding out for some really nice ones. Not something that looks like it was buried under an apartment in Budapest for 50 years!     Bill T.

I sold a bunch cheap here before I moved out of AZ.  They had everything with them and the scabbards and frogs were like new.  Try CenterfireSystems
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the link!   Bill T.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:42:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
something that looks like it was buried under an apartment in Budapest for 50 years

I thought those WERE the nice ones!

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
something that looks like it was buried under an apartment in Budapest for 50 years

The ones on J&G Sales sight actually do look like they were buried.  Ones I had from Centerfire last year were like new as far as a Romanian one goes.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:57:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ones on J&G Sales sight actually do look like they were buried.  Ones I had from Centerfire last year were like new as far as a Romanian one goes.

I have a couple that look new. I don't remember where I got them.
I don't think appearance was high on the Romanians priority list.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top