Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/28/2009 3:00:57 AM EDT
I have an out-of-state friend who's got one of these, & I've only shot w/ him once––-but how do ya'll like them?  Has anyone shot slugs through them?  How about optics mounting? I remember my friend had a open site on his, maybe a EO––but I forget how it was mounted.  I'm thinking of getting one & having the barrel threaded for a rifled slug.  Think this would be a fun brush blaster.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:05:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I love mine

Did the PG conversion myself, then got Dinzag's HG retainer + set screw FSB and eventually the gas tube mod for the proper AK look. Recently picked up a Russian S12 flash hider to complete the look, though the photo only shows the muzzle nut.
I have a PK-AS red dot mounted but naturally you can put just about anything on the side rail.

Have only shot a handful of slugs for fun so far, but I've put about 50 rounds of 00 buck through it and it runs fine. I have the occasional problem of the trigger springs walking off but thats a minor issue and easily fixed. This isn't my SHTF weapon so maybe one day I'll get around to getting a different set of springs that reduce the likelyhood of it walking.

Other than that my S12 is an effin RIOT to shoot
Shotguns have always been cool but a mag fed AK version can't be beat.

Z

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:24:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 3.

One is NIB

One I use as a prototype for stuff. (Is becoming a bullpup and maybe a 10ga)

And then I have this.

Vid
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:41:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Saiga 12 are awsome  un ill you feed the cheap winchester universal rounds thought them
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top