Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2008 8:13:00 PM EDT
I'm going to add a Tromix stock to a Romy kit using the ACE internal block and an ACE folding mechanism.  
I don't have any experience with them.  
Which one would be better, the regular folding mechanism or the one with the push button?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:24:40 AM EDT
[#1]
The regular works just fine for me, and is cheaper.  Just lift up and fold, to extend stock just swing stock out and it locks open.  The spring and design of the hinge gives enough friciton to hold the stock folded against the weapon.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:48:54 PM EDT
[#2]
VANDAL on the boards has a ACE folding stock mech for a good price. I just had to pass on.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:40:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Falcon arms has a side folding stock for less than $100.  It's the whole schebang all together with out all the little parts and mechanisms required for the ACE system.  I got the Youth/womens/body armor short stock and it is still a bout 1" longer than the wire side folder that I originally had.  You should check them out.  But then again, ACE is top fo the line and you really can't go wrong with high end stuff.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:45:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got both. It's pure preference as they are both very high quality. If I get any more they'll be push button.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the old style and like it, added to the cut off rear trunnion so it all fits flush with the rear of the receiver. Put
one more rivet in the lower rear of the receiver for strength.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 9:52:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Falcon arms has a side folding stock for less than $100.  It's the whole schebang all together with out all the little parts and mechanisms required for the ACE system.  I got the Youth/womens/body armor short stock and it is still a bout 1" longer than the wire side folder that I originally had.  You should check them out.  But then again, ACE is top fo the line and you really can't go wrong with high end stuff.

http://www.falconarms.com/xcart/image.php?productid=16347

Got any pics of that mounted on a rifle?

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top