Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/19/2008 7:15:52 PM EDT
just recieved my new toy from henderson defense.
got the "red stainted" version, yes thats how they mispelled it in their picture, :P
I think I want to put a red wood pistol grip on it. here is the stock pic of it from henderson, unfortunately I cannot post a pic of my actual rifle because of the mishap out on the boat today :(

mine has a slant brake, other than that its looks identical, they did great with the wood.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:23:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Ironwood designs sells a wood grip with metal cap that would look good. You'd have to stain it. Z_recto makes some awesome stuff, not 100% sure how to contact him though.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:31:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Ironwood designs sells a wood grip with metal cap that would look good. You'd have to stain it. Z_recto makes some awesome stuff, not 100% sure how to contact him though.

I had 2 made by Z_recto and all I can say is nice.  You might find him here or probally at some other gunsites.  I don't even know if he still makes them.  Good luck to you.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:45:29 AM EDT
[#3]
you can try to contact lancaster and see if you can buy just the PG.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:20:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
you can try to contact lancaster and see if you can buy just the PG.

I did, they said its $40 +15 to stain it. not gonna do that.

think this will look retardo?

http://www.parts4ak47.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=P4AA&Product_Code=AK-001&Category_Code=AK-47_Grips
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 10:35:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had 2 made by Z_recto and all I can say is nice.  You might find him here or probally at some other gunsites.  I don't even know if he still makes them.  Good luck to you.

+1 FOR z_recto. Kevin does great work.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 11:19:50 AM EDT
[#6]
The Bulgarian Red Bakelite grip will look "authentic" but watch your 992R parts count.

Soviet block Bakelite grips were never very close color matches to the red finished wood so it would look right.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:17:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Or  he could  strip it and staint it to match.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#8]
thanks everyone for the tips.
I will try the bulgarian one and see what happens.

edit: you mentioned the parts 992R parts count. Does anyone know what parts are what on my "certified by henderson century arms AK"?
(I am completely new to AKs)
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top