Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/18/2008 1:50:21 PM EDT
Henderson Defense SBR AK47, anyone have one?

How is the quality of it?

How long did it take them to build it?
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 2:46:33 PM EDT
[#1]
i have one! i believe i was one of the first.

technically its not a krink as this sbr has an 11.5" barrel.  they call it something else; i call it the khyber shorty.  mine looks like it started life as a romy g kit with an added bulgy triangle SF and soup can flash hider. the furniture was done by ironwood designs. had them put russian red furniture on it vs. the black poly furniture.  

henderson has a rep for high quality builds and superb CS.  this weapon is built solid, with excellent fit and finish.

took 'em took 2 weeks to build it, but another 3 to transfer to my dealer, then another 8 for ATF's approval.

IT RUNS LIKE A CHAMP, and when i have a chance to take a carbine class, this is the one i'll show up with.

these guys were going to take over the market since the fall of vector and the decline of arsenal, but i think they lost their kit source and the AK builds are going on a hiatus.

grab one while you can...

added the Larue/Burris red dot for good measure.

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 7:10:32 PM EDT
[#2]
That is a NICE Weapon. Thanks for the info and pics.

Gues I will have to get some wood from Iron Wood if I get the AK from them
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:15:03 AM EDT
[#3]

I have the same gun with polymer stocks.  A beautiful rifle, with a nice deep black finish and everything is tight.  It had a minor magazine catch issue when I first got it, but they were on top of things and got me squared away.  Doug and Jim are really nice guys to deal with.  I could not be happier with the rifle.  It runs like a top, and is very easy to shoot.  I have been thinking about that Larue sight setup myself.  Perhaps after I get done buying more mags and ammo.  This SBR is going to be with at at the range VERY often.

John
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 1:12:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Do these have a side rail mount?
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have the same gun with polymer stocks.  A beautiful rifle, with a nice deep black finish and everything is tight.  It had a minor magazine catch issue when I first got it, but they were on top of things and got me squared away.  Doug and Jim are really nice guys to deal with.  I could not be happier with the rifle.  It runs like a top, and is very easy to shoot.  I have been thinking about that Larue sight setup myself.  Perhaps after I get done buying more mags and ammo.  This SBR is going to be with at at the range VERY often.

John

pix?
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 1:33:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Do these have a side rail mount?

mine doesn't.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 5:54:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Here are the original  Henderson pics of my gun.  I saw them and fell in love at first sight!

She is a beauty!  I need to get some sort of dot sight on it.  I hate to admit my vision is not as good as it was a few years ago, so the AK sights are getting more challenging to use.  I dialed it in at 25m to save time, and had nice nickel sized three shot groups using Wolf black box ammo when I did my part.  The brake does a very good job at controlling recoil and blast.  It is still a bit more severe than a 16" barrel, but not bad by any means.  Recover time is quite good in double-taps.  I ran some drills like Team Spartan put me through on the FAL, and it was easy to keep good pairs where I wanted them on the target.  Of course it runs perfectly.  Kudos to Hendersno for a great build at a great price!

John

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top