Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2008 2:47:54 PM EDT
Found one for sale and wondering what you guys thought of Overland. No info came up in the search here but from what I remember reading about them, they are a good ak builder. Any pics posted or linked would be appriciated as well. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 4:29:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 2 Overland builds, a Romy G and a Polish underfolder.  Both are excellent and Gary's customer service is first rate.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Gary does good work. IF you ever had a problem I bet Overland would take care it, very customer friendly. I would buy Overland without worry.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 5:27:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Ditto, I trusted Gary with my M-85 build and wasn't disappointed. Next he's going to do a AKM-63 clone, a Khyber Pass, my milled M-72, and my M-76.  As far as I'm concerned I have found my builder.  His customer service can't be beat.                          

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 5:56:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies. I just might jump on it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 6:35:38 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=44981&sid=cd52c5d23e4e3c0a8b98dc5627d56c8a
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks John.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:20:06 PM EDT
[#7]
great company to deal with

Link Posted: 9/5/2008 12:59:37 AM EDT
[#8]
They built my DesertDog for me...

Top notch work and fast return too. They also sent me a flexhead laser/light, AK manual, gun grease, Docsil hard shell shipping case, and some pens as a gift.

-urban
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 8:18:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm still waiting on a build I sent in late May...
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 10:58:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Great workmanship on rifle builds, fit and finish is perfect on my Romy/NDS-3 built earlier this year...

Gary has a few more builds he is currently working on for me - for what you pay for you get a lot including a limited lifetime warranty from Overland.

A+++++

Link Posted: 9/5/2008 11:30:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm still waiting on a build I sent in late May...

Dang, that is a pretty good wait! I got mine back fast, but that was because examples of their good work had just started being shown on the web.

Once that happened and there was good reports of their customer service, I'm sure their business jumped dramatically.

I'm sorry you've had to wait my friend, but the rifle should definitely be worth it.

Good luck.

-urban
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Garry really makes a nice rifle. The build quality is phenomenal. I think though after their initial exposure here orders went through the roof and the waits are now long. It's impossible for a shop to keep up quality and maintain turnaround when there is this much demand. I still think he is one of the best deals in town.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the continued input.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top