Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/18/2008 5:32:44 PM EDT
 What kind of accuracy can I expect from the Lancaster under folder I just ordered. I know that AK's are not MOA rifles, more like minute of dinner plates, just curious though. I know their fit and finish are top notch from what I have read, so I was not sure if they do anything else to help in the accuracy department without messing with the functionality.

I ordered the Russian Red under folder, and called the next day and had them change the wood to the Bulgarian Blonde. I wasnt sure how much I would like the red. If anyone has pictures of there personal rifles in Red or Blonde I would appreciate it. I have seen the stock photos but I know it changes a bit from rifle to rifle.

Last question, is there a particular mag I should buy for this rifle. I need to pick up at least 10 hicaps and there are to many out there to choose from. I know there are some Lancaster owners out there who have had good and bad luck with certian mags. Also, where would be a good source for the choice mags. I am a FFL holder, so if there is a good source you know of that will cut me a break with dealer cost even better. I spoke to Mike at Lancaster and they have some for around $20 but I was just checking if there is anything else I should be looking at.

Thanks for any and all replys.

So come on guys, post some pictures please
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:58:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:09:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got 10 mags from 44MAG here,

They are brand new, and fit my Lancaster just fine.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:58:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine just has plain wood on it, but here's a pic:

I love it. I've been feeding it ammo from Romanian and some other ak mags, and it hasn't hiccuped after 500 rounds. I can hit MOP(Minute Of Plate) groups at 100 yards.
You can get Romanian 30rounders from aim surplus for $9.95 each.(If you buy 10 at once they're $8.95 each.)
linky
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Uberjager---- I havent seen any Lancasters without the bolt polished, I would prefer it be finished with the rest of the rifle, is that an option they give and if so, what the purpose of polishing.

Regarding the mags, I will take a look at all of them.

Thanks again and keep pictures and opinions coming.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:59:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I purchased New Bulg. 30 round steel mags from Aim for $12.95.  I was told they are new 2008 production mags with the poly  followers but everything else is steel.  They come in a plastic sealed bag very well lubed and are very nice.  These mags fit my Lancaster UF with no problems.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:34:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Uberjager---- I havent seen any Lancasters without the bolt polished, I would prefer it be finished with the rest of the rifle, is that an option they give and if so, what the purpose of polishing.
Regarding the mags, I will take a look at all of them.

Thanks again and keep pictures and opinions coming.

Polishing is just for looks. I got my Lancaster on Oct '07. IIRC at a gunshow they had both polished and non polished.(I got mine at a fun shop 3 days earlier.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:16:15 AM EDT
[#7]
aim has brand new  unused in the bag with grease on them bulgarian mags for 12.95 each.  I bought a few of them and they are nice to say the least.  I will be ordering more.  RG.  Copes has the 5 mags and a bag sale going on right now also for 44.95.  I ordered some of those also but have not gotten them in yet.  They will be used but I have bought regular used mags from them in the past and could barely tell the diff between some new ones and the used ones.  RG
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:25:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Here's my Russian Red from Lancaster
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top