Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2008 2:44:11 PM EDT
Ok, I'm pretty much an AR expert but I don't know jack shit about AK's. I own one but I need to get several more. There's so many different types I don't know what the hell I need or where to get it, so I need your help. I have a few basic requirements:

1. 7.62x39
2. Basic wood furniture, no plastic and no forward grip
3. Slant Brake
4. Uses any cheap mags
5. Not expensive

Also need more of the same thing but with an underfolder.

So what guns do I need and where can I get them the cheapest? Not concerned about about asthetics, only above requirements and function. I need 4 or 5 full stocked and two or three underfolders.

Thanks in advance for any help......
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Atlantic Arms, East Coast firearms or Guns America.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:16:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#4]
you guys call that cheap? lol

just get a used romanian... :)

thats all you need
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:06:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
you guys call that cheap? lol

just get a used romanian... :)

thats all you need
We are trying to point him in the right direccion.  I have seen cheap AK47 rifles in Guns America. The only way I'll buy a cheap used Romanian would be for parts for a build.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:48:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Compared to the AR15's he's accustomed to, yes  these AK's are cheap.  

If you find a good WASR-10 then you have a good rifle for a cheaper price, but you may have to look through a couple to find one that's all straight with a decent magwell.  Now I have two Romanians so I'm not just talking without some experience.  Ponyboy is used to the fit and finish of the AR world so I recommend that he not start at the bottom of the AK barrel.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If you find a good WASR-10 then you have a good rifle for a cheaper price, but you may have to look through a couple to find one that's all straight with a decent magwell.  Now I have two Romanians so I'm not just talking without some experience.  Ponyboy is used to the fit and finish of the AR world so I recommend that he not start at the bottom of the AK barrel.

I'm not concerned about the finish, wood quality, etc, etc. I use my stuff and it gets beat to hell. I don't care about scratches, nicks, dings, ugly stocks, etc.

I want reliable and 4MOA would be acceptable accuracy wise, not looking for tack drivers, I've got other guns for that. Rugged, cheap, bone stock and in quantity is what I need. I don't care about cleaning kits, bayonets or any of that other stuff either.

I just want good, cheap AK's.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The only way I'll buy a cheap used Romanian would be for parts for a build.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not concerned about the finish, wood quality, etc, etc. I use my stuff and it gets beat to hell. I don't care about scratches, nicks, dings, ugly stocks, etc.

I want reliable and 4MOA would be acceptable accuracy wise, not looking for tack drivers, I've got other guns for that. Rugged, cheap, bone stock and in quantity is what I need. I don't care about cleaning kits, bayonets or any of that other stuff either.

Your looking for a beater. Well go ahead buy your self a WASR,but I don't think your are going to get 4MOA out of that thing proably 5MOA to 7MOA. Take care.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:10:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Your looking for a beater. Well go ahead buy your self a WASR,but I don't think your are going to get 4MOA out of that thing proably 5MOA to 7MOA. Take care.

Not a beater, but something less than $500-600. I need several and it adds up.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:22:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like I said Atlantic Arms, Guns America, Gun Broker or J&G Sales. Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:30:14 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I was in the same boat and was checking the Lancaster in Atlantic Firearms $600.00 then I decide that I want a side rail mount on it and a 74 side folder...so I end up getting a Ak 103 kypher pass from Henderson defense ( $895.00 shipped ).
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:45:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I was in the same boat and was checking the Lancaster in Atlantic Firearms $600.00 then I decide that I want a side rail mount on it and a 74 side folder...so I end up getting a Ak 103 kypher pass from Henderson defense ( $895.00 shipped ).
Money well spent. Como estamos mi hermano?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:06:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

desesperado !!!!  and thinking about this beautiful redhead.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which Gun shop is going to do the transfer?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:06:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which Gun shop is going to do the transfer?

IM sent.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:53:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

invading mexico?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:01:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

invading mexico?

No, we're digging in......Mexico is invading us and we've still got a few of these cases to fill up!

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:06:59 AM EDT
[#19]
A saiga conversion when all is said and done will cost you about the same as a wasr and you'll have a better gun.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top