Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2008 6:10:41 AM EDT
I know what will happen with our guns and our 2nd amendment rights if there is a worst case senario like obama getting elected or a reinstatement of the AWB(God forbid)hat... I know restrictions will apply to mags that are hi-cap and all the usual anti-gun bullshit but are they going to become scarce and expensive???? I guess what im asking is is it jumping the gun to be stocking up on mags and preparing them for long term storage... Currently I have 35 brand new mags that are wrapped in heavey oiled brown paper in storage(i am still adding to this number)hat
Am i going to far or being paranoid??? What do you guys think on the subject
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 6:32:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Worst case scenario:

All privately owned firearms will be banned and confiscated.  No civilans may posess any guns or ammo.

Next question.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 7:10:31 AM EDT
[#2]
The Consittutaion is Suspended, Martial law enacted.

FFL licenses pulled all records turned in and entered into the computer.  Everyone is ordered to turn in all weapons, ammo and assesories.

Sharia Law is enacted, and control is then turned over to the head Imam.

Any more questions.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 7:37:04 AM EDT
[#3]
i was just referring to worst case scenario in regards to hi-cap AK mags
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 7:39:28 AM EDT
[#4]
You won't be able to have any, and this shall be punishable by law.  What did I win?
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 7:48:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i was just referring to worst case scenario in regards to hi-cap AK mags

Worst case scenario involving Hi-Cap AK mags is as follows:

All hi-cap mags manufactured since 1947 contain a tiny explosive charge.  Not very big, about the size of a pinhead.  Just enough to blow up and destroy the magazine.

President Osama Bin Hussein Barack will press the secret button and "BOOM!"  All hi-cap mags are history.

ETA: Guess what movie I stole that boldfaced part from.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 7:58:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You won't be able to have any, and this shall be punishable by law.  What did I win?
And if you are a Law Enforcement officer a high capacity mag will cost you a arm. Stupid law is for us decent people. Like criminals are not going to get them. Ignorant bastards.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 9:07:12 AM EDT
[#7]
worst case senario.....war.....that is cival war
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 9:42:42 AM EDT
[#8]
"contain a tiny explosive charge.  Not very big, about the size of a pinhead.  Just enough to  ETA: Guess what movie I stole that boldfaced part from."

Escape from NY
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 9:45:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Guns...what guns? I ain't got no guns!
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 10:01:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Just a heads up!
There is a AK mag tiny explosive charge removal  kit on Gunbroker for $19.95
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah what gun? it was stolen years ago.

height=8
Quoted:
Guns...what guns? I ain't got no guns!
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 10:19:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Weapons i had will go into hiding and any efforts on the part of law enforcement to recover or confiscate them will result in the casualities of said law enforcement personel and my own eventual death.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 10:20:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Go read some tea leaves- you are just as likely to get a ivable answer as asking us to know what the heck will happen if Obama gets elected.

If you are freaking out go buy some mags.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 10:31:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Start a good collection of hollow point bullets to go along with those high cap mags.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
All hi-cap mags manufactured since 1947 contain a tiny explosive charge.  Not very big, about the size of a pinhead.  Just enough to blow up and destroy the magazine.

*COOL!*  Now I just need to figure out how to extract it, and ...
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#16]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
You won't be able to have any, and this shall be punishable by law.  What did I win? high

Like us?  You are law enforcement.  In PR it will cost you an arm and 1 gallon of pitorro!
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 11:36:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Worst case ................... WOLVERINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 11:39:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
And if you are a Law Enforcement officer a high capacity mag will cost you a arm. Stupid law is for us decent people. Like criminals are not going to get them. Ignorant bastards.

Like us?  You are law enforcement.  In PR it will cost you an arm and 1 gallon of pitorro!

Hell Yeah!!

Link Posted: 7/16/2008 11:45:13 AM EDT
[#19]
There was an article in the denver post I read a while back that said most Dems won't be pushing for gun control. Since, the 2000 election.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#20]
height=8
Quoted:
The Consittutaion is Suspended, Martial law enacted.

FFL licenses pulled all records turned in and entered into the computer.  Everyone is ordered to turn in all weapons, ammo and assesories.

Sharia Law is enacted, and control is then turned over to the head Imam.

Any more questions.

lol

I'd love to see that happen...

i love all these bans.... problem is, a criminal is a criminal and he will get what he wants no matter what the laws are. thats why in england the only people with guns are the bad guys and the military/spec ops
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#21]
LOL Then all the "Cool" guns will be hidden in peoples houses

Quoted:
Worst case scenario:

All privately owned firearms will be banned and confiscated.  No civilans may posess any guns or ammo.

Next question.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#22]
If it comes down to hiding them, IT WON'T BE IN THE HOUSE!
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 2:27:13 PM EDT
[#23]
You know what they say...

When you think its time to bury them, its really time to use them

Link Posted: 7/16/2008 2:47:18 PM EDT
[#24]
height=8
Quoted:
You know what they say...

When you think its time to bury them, its really time to use them

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#25]
you've got plenty of mags.
How much ammo?
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 3:47:25 PM EDT
[#26]
+1 a empty mag is just a little more effective than a rock!

edit:  Wow damn near 450 post and this is my first page 2

ALL YOUR PAGE TWO ARE BELONG TO US!
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Worst case; They will make criminals of us all. We revolt and start open season on retard commie liberals and Muslims.
Might as well take as many to hell as we can so I can torture them all for an eternity.

God help us all.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I know what will happen with our guns and our 2nd amendment rights if there is a worst case senario like obama getting elected or a reinstatement of the AWB(God forbid)... but what about hi-cap AK magazines... I know restrictions will apply to mags that are hi-cap and all the usual anti-gun bullshit but are they going to become scarce and expensive???? I guess what im asking is is it jumping the gun to be stocking up on mags and preparing them for long term storage... Currently I have 35 brand new mags that are wrapped in heavey oiled brown paper in storage(i am still adding to this number) and about 25 used mags that i cycle when i go shooting....Does this sound like a reasonable amount considering i have 3 Ak's and an RPK.. Im not done yet though, i just orderd 10 used Hungarian mags for about $8.00 each from copes

You got enough mags just start with the ammo.  Make sure you have enough bullets so you have 5 for each one of your congress critters!  There is a start!  Good or bad, get'em all and start over!  I'm j/k for all of you observers!
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#29]
height=8
Quoted:
you've got plenty of mags.
How much ammo?

As of right now I have about 3800 rounds od 7.62here
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 8:11:58 PM EDT
[#30]
I know these threads are for entertainment value, but surely most gun owners know, who to vote for?  Get a grip and vote for the person, that will protect your 2nd ammendment rights.  

I for one, am grateful to the Supreme Court, also.  The right President, helps to select Supreme Court judges, that will not forget the original Constitution.

Sorry, I had to say something.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:37:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Worst case is the assault weapons ban gets put back into place. Another is importation of ak or assault weapon systems and the 7.62x39 ammunition. Obama would probably try to get stricter handgun laws enacted. One of his homies is Deval Patrick of Massachusetts. They fuck with the gun industry here like crazy, forcing rediculous safety features on handguns. J

Just expect more of your typical liberal commie shit.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#32]
All of you guys here who are all wantin something other than paper to shoot at, war aint fun. We definately don't want war in our homeland, I can promise you that from experience. And civil wars tend to be exceptionally nasty these days. Not to mention, someone always gets in on the act who is not directly involved. Point being: get off your ass and use what we have now to prevent that. VOTE! Cuz if you dont, you best believe that someone else is going to vote for the guy who wants to take our rights away. And you best believe that we are WOEFULLY unprepared to have to wage a war to get them back if we let them take the rights we have.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:52:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Gas prices will come down low enough to be able drive to purchase ammo that has come down to pre Bush prices....
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:25:32 AM EDT
[#34]
worst case: AR15.com community will lose its status as foremost expert on all things firearms and politics related.... oh wtf, that already happened? The world is doomed my friend.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#35]
I think you could expect something like Chicago's draconian laws as a example.  Basically, everything except Elmer Fudd hunting rifles are outlawed including pistols.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:13:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Here is a question I've had for quite awhile now.

Let's say Obama wins. Can he sign an executive order banning all kinds of stuff and does he wield enough power with an executive order to actually make it stick.

I guess my biggest question is what limit, if any, does the executive order have?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:31:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Say there is a major "attack" again. Since Oliver North, there has been a continuity of government in place. He was questioned by congress about this - www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug0IL7k3elQ
There are a number of directives in place if they enact marshall law (google Rex 84), and basically they can cart you off in a government work force and take everything you own.
Katrina was a prime example. Gun confiscation, etc.
As was stated long ago, when the government fears its citizens, you have a democracy, when the citizens fear the government you have tyranny.
Now Chicago wants to call in the national guard - I thought there WAS a law to prevent US troops from patrolling US streets?
I think magazine count may be the least of your worries.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:00:15 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Say there is a major "attack" again. Since Oliver North, there has been a continuity of government in place. He was questioned by congress about this - www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug0IL7k3elQ
There are a number of directives in place if they enact marshall law (google Rex 84), and basically they can cart you off in a government work force and take everything you own.

You have that wrong.  They can *TRY* to cart you off in a government work force.  You get to choose if they are successful.

"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Winston Churchill

You can't enslave a free man, you can only kill him.  

Before somebody says anything.  No I'm not hoping this happens.  No I don't want to make a last stand against overwhelming odds.  I'm just pointing out nobody can make you go if you are truly determined to stay.

edited to add
I see this much like being in a store that is being robbed & the robber decides to tie everyone up.  You have a last chance to make a stand.  The odds may suck, but once you elect not to fight someone else is making the decisions for you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:59:17 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
There was an article in the denver post I read a while back that said most Dems won't be pushing for gun control. Since, the 2000 election.

Other than the usual suspects, this I agree with. Sure, some shitheel will introduce the " go door to door and round them up " bill every session of congress, but for the most part, for a long time, gun control is dead on a federal level.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:06:00 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I know what will happen with our guns and our 2nd amendment rights if there is a worst case senario like obama getting elected or a reinstatement of the AWB(God forbid)... but what about hi-cap AK magazines... I know restrictions will apply to mags that are hi-cap and all the usual anti-gun bullshit but are they going to become scarce and expensive???? I guess what im asking is is it jumping the gun to be stocking up on mags and preparing them for long term storage... Currently I have 35 brand new mags that are wrapped in heavey oiled brown paper in storage(i am still adding to this number) and about 25 used mags that i cycle when i go shooting....Does this sound like a reasonable amount considering i have 3 Ak's and an RPK.. Im not done yet though, i just orderd 10 used Hungarian mags for about $8.00 each from copes

You have more than a lifetime's worth of mags, and about a good three-day weekend's worth of ammo.

Hmmmm ....

Quoted:

You can't enslave a free man, you can only kill him.  

Sig line material! Is that your own?

May I use it?

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:43:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Worst case: Hillary as VP has the Arkansas Mafia put out a hit on him.  It gets pinned on the "white wing conspiracy" and a turn them in ban is enacted like happened in England after the school shooting.  

Less Hollywood worst case: they enact a massive sin tax on ammo.  the same way the cigarette tax is supposed to go to pay for cancer treatment for uninsured smokers, this tax will be billed as paying for uninsured gun crime victims.  

Possibly, they enact a "tax stamp" for ammo but just don't produce any new ones.  But that won't get them more money and they are all about the money.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:16:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Jesus Christ

Who needs the fucking anti's to strip of us of our gun rights

you motherf#$kers are full of bad ideas
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:40:42 PM EDT
[#43]
You guys are beating around the bush...

The true worst case scenario is Obama, and his minions, breaking into your house, raping you and your family, melting your guns down into pots and pans, burning down your house, and then proceed to gnaw off your flesh. But something tells me that won't happen.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it too much. Sure I'd stock up on hi cap mags and super evil guns, but panic buying bricks of .22lr is a bit too excessive. It seems like there's a new surge for us gun owners. There's a few new pro-gun groups like students for cccw on campuses.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top