Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2008 1:05:19 PM EDT
I'm new here and just bought my first AK 2 months ago(A WASR 10).  The first thing I did was get rid of all the junk black plastic and outfit it with some classic looking wood and bakelite pistol grip. Then I start to read a little and I come to find out you need a few US made parts to be legal.  Is this true? or is this only when you are converting a post ban rifle?  The second part of my question is what the hell do I do now?  I really like the wood and want it to look as forien AK47 as possiable.hanks
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Read about compliance in the chinese sub forum.

Basically you need to have a certain number of parts on the weapon that are made in the US.  depending on what your trying to do there are a number of options.   I posted the same question 2 days ago and with some light reading I am now back up to speed on requirments.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:44:41 PM EDT
[#2]
If you've got a WASR, word on the street says that the compliance parts consist of a Century made gas piston(1), Century trigger group(3 parts), and a Century gas piston(1). My WASR came with a G2 trigger, so I'd double check what you actually have. The Century trigger group and pistol grip are usually marked with a "C." And if yours came with a threaded muzzle brake, that should be Century too.

Of course this has to do with wood stocked WASR's, and black Century furniture might have been an alternative to them switching out gas pistons. You have to check what you have.

If you swapped your US pistol grip for a Romanian, you need to find another foreign part off the list to swap with a US part. Other than a US receiver, I'm not aware of any US parts that you don't already have. You may have to go back wiith the Century pistol grip.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:34:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 6:56:57 AM EDT
[#4]
This site is great!  I saw another thread her about WASR wood and found a great link for some wood furniture that is made in the USA and looks great.  This should solve all my problems.  Thanks for the help.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top