Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/5/2008 8:17:24 PM EDT
I'm thinking about getting a sling for my AK.  I'm looking at blue force gear's victory sling (unpadded) and not sure if that's a good choice for it.  So, what do u ladies and/or gents have on ur kalashnikovs?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:26:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a "Skunk Weed green" late 70's Soviet AKM sling on my WASR 22 (back up sling is a early 80's " Dark Mustard" Soviet AKM sling and also have an original Romanian Leather sling as a spare ...
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:49:11 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want something modern, tactical and practical check out the slings by Specter.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:26:28 PM EDT
[#3]
They only have 3pt slings?  I'm more of a two pointer, rather using the swivel hook on the buttstock. thanks though!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:49:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I like cheap East German slings used with a buttstock that has the sling swivel on the side, AK74 style.

The East German slings cost $5 and can be dyed easily.

Also they are long enough to use them Commie tactical style, on the opposite shoulder.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:15:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Personally my AKs are all as authentic as i can make them.  Egyptian sling on my Maadi, Soviet sling on my Soviet AKM.  

That said, if you want a functional, quality sling, it doesn't get any better than the ones sold by Blue Force Gear.  The M-203 strapped to my side as i type this has a BFG Vickers sling on it.  Ashley (a man) stands behind his product.  In the freak chance you ever have a problem with his products he'll make it right without hesitation.  Last time i was over here (Afghanistan) we'd ordered what we later learned was a prototype SAW sling.  There was a defect in the buckles.  He sent us the proper replacements as well as extra M-4 slings as a way of saying "thanks".  They may be more sling than you're looking for, but since you mentioned Blue Force Gear, I'd rate them among the best out there.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 4:15:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:25:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I like cheap East German slings used with a buttstock that has the sling swivel on the side, AK74 style.

The East German slings cost $5 and can be dyed easily.

Also they are long enough to use them Commie tactical style, on the opposite shoulder.

yip lil cammo tape on the metal parts,,no mo'rattle....the blue grey aint to bad,, i gotta find me some swivels for the side of the butt stock..
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:57:00 AM EDT
[#8]
The Spec-Ops Mamba sling is another good one.

www.specopsbrand.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=62#
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top