Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/4/2008 7:37:59 AM EDT
I have been "on the list" for two Vector underfolders since November.  After contacting Vector, they have informed me that I am: "still on the list but it could be another two more months".

I have a feeling that those of us who are on the list will recieve our product when all the orders are filled for larger companies.  If this is true, I'll never get one.

I've been assured that their AK builds are "the best".  Unfortunately, their prices reflect this opinion and they seem to be going up.  I don't think this is fair to those of us to have placed orders before the price increases.

I understand the chances of laws changing if certain people are elected President but come on, it's an AK.  Some people estimate 50-70 million AK's have been produced in the world.  Why the sudden scarcity and inflated price tags?  

Link Posted: 3/4/2008 7:47:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I waited several months for my milled vector (was worth the wait), and when I called about getting a stamped with blonde wood, was told to expect a 6 month wait

I ended up with (the milled and) a polymer furniture stamped I found new in stock at a dealer. Sometimes you have to wait... I didn't like it either. Good luck and I think you will be very satisfied with your rifle when you get it.

Link Posted: 3/4/2008 7:49:55 AM EDT
[#2]
It's good old fashioned supply and demand, the AK has gained serious popularity, and the people at Vector and their increase in business is what happens when you build top notch quality at reasonable prices, maybe get with Atlantic Arms and see if they can hook you up with one sooner? I wish I had known about Vectors a long time ago, I'd own more of them now, they are definatley worth the wait.
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 7:52:05 AM EDT
[#3]
You should have ordered from Atlantic Fireamrs, or a dealer instead of directly from Vector.  My Vector from Atlantic took 4 weeks last year, and the current wait is 3-4 weeks from them.  Never buy direct.  It's almost never cheaper, and the wait is always longer.
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 10:06:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You should have ordered from Atlantic Fireamrs, or a dealer instead of directly from Vector.  My Vector from Atlantic took 4 weeks last year, and the current wait is 3-4 weeks from them.  Never buy direct.  It's almost never cheaper, and the wait is always longer.

sooooo true
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 5:02:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/4/2008 7:37:14 PM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:

+1 get the from Atlantic.  My wait was about 4 weeks and I picked it up last night.  Here
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7180/cimg1126editcq8.jpg

Link Posted: 3/4/2008 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Bought my Vector at a gun show for less than on the Vector site.  BTW -- I really enjoy this gun -- I've been a AR fan -- still am, but like the AK now too.  

Dave
Link Posted: 3/5/2008 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Vector has a copy of my FFL.  I need to send them another copy though because that one expired and I have an updated one.

I am attempting to this route due to the FFL discount I would recieve.  Unfortunately, I have lost one of my customers due to the wait time and am ready to make my purshase elsewhere.

I still don't see where the high price tag comes into play.  AK prices are reaching AR prices.  Although I like the AK, it is heavy, somewhat clumsy and not nearly as accurate as the AR's.  Don't get me wrong here, I'm not posting this thread to knock AK's down.  I'm just making an honest opinion.

I may have to go with another manufacturer.  I'll let you know when I make a decision.  

Thank you for the input.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top