Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2008 2:47:09 PM EDT
Can you use CLP to clean the recevier and all other external parts of an Arsenal AK?
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 2:49:38 PM EDT
[#1]
yes
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Absolutely - Break Free is good on any gun. Good enough for Uncle Sam, good enough for me. If your worried about it taking off finish, it won't. I use it on all my guns, my Arsenal included.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Absolutely - Break Free is good on any gun. Good enough for Uncle Sam, good enough for me. If your worried about it taking off finish, it won't. I use it on all my guns, my Arsenal included.

+1

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1

ha ha....double post

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad to hear that brothers....

Now the real question is how do you clean the AK without the wife constanly bitching and interrupting me while I am cleaning...
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Now the real question is how do you clean the AK without the wife constanly bitching and interrupting me while I am cleaning...

well the great thing about an AK is unlike an AR you can use the butt as a club without risk of damaging the weapon.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I keep hearing people talking about this stuff. Klee...Kleane....Cleaning, yeah that's it. Cleaning. What is this cleaning you speak of?
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 6:56:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 7:04:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I keep hearing people talking about this stuff. Klee...Kleane....Cleaning, yeah that's it. Cleaning. What is this cleaning you speak of?

I think he was trying to say he was cleaning the cosmoline off of his lastest magazine purchase

I was mostly concern that the CLP would fk up the finish. I guess the key is not to leave it on for to long..Just wipe it dry  
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 7:10:51 AM EDT
[#10]
What about a home cammo job? Will the CLP remove Krylon?
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think he was trying to say he was cleaning the cosmoline off of his lastest magazine purchase

I was mostly concern that the CLP would fk up the finish. I guess the key is not to leave it on for to long..Just wipe it dry  
 CLP will not hurt the finnish. Ive have never  seen it do that anyhow.  It's good stuff .You don't have to wipe dry either. WarDawg
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 12:25:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

It shouldn't. ut always check in a small spot underneath.  Ive never used Krylon. Ive used Alumihyde before and it was safe on that. BF CLP isn't harsh...... WarDawg
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 12:27:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

My guess if yes.  If it removes the clear coat on a Browning Gold shotgun butt stock... it will probably remove cheap Krylon spray paint.

The best spray paint for guns I've seen is engine block paint.  It is rock solid and resists the heat well.  For mags... the grill paint works well.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You should have heard my wife bitching after Hoppe's #9 solvent ate the finish off the dining room table. Not a happy camper.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 3:59:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I use Break Free CLP on all my guns even on the wood stocks.  It has never hurt anything.

As far as my AK's...that is ALL I use, nothing else.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

not as bad as my mom yelling "that stinks!" everytime I open a bottle of Hoppes
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top