Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/20/2008 8:29:15 AM EDT
What is the difference between a single hook G2 and a double hook. I have a NDS-3 reciever.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:33:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Just has a 2nd hook. I believe that all NDS receivers are cut for single hook trigger. To use a double, you'd have to cut the 2nd slot on the receiver yourself.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:37:44 AM EDT
[#2]
NoDak doesn't recommend using G2s in that receiver.
www.nodakspud.com/troubleshooting.htm

Milled receivers usually use double hooks IIRC. The double hook, as the name implies, has two hooks holding the hammer. To simplify production the Ruskies switched to only one hook on the AKM. The easiest way to tell which one to use on a receiver is look at the cutout for the trigger and see if it only has a notch on one corner (single hook) or two (double hook).
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:50:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Get either a Red Star or a K-Var group. I had problems with the G2 in one of these receivers. Works fine in others, but not in these.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 11:59:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually, NoDak does not recommend the single hook in the NDS-3. I have just finished my 2nd Romy using the NDS-3 and G2 double hook trigger and both function test fine (I haven't shot the new one yet, but my older build operates with no problem).

Like it was said above, you just have to cut a second slot in the receiver. The cut should be shorter than the original cut so trigger overtravel is limited. Too much and you may get some problems.

mfn
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:21:04 AM EDT
[#5]
yea i have been using the original group with a us semi disconnector. but i was thinking of getting a new trigger group to use up 3 compliance parts. i deff dont want to cut a slot for the g2 double in my reciever. so i dont know what ill do yet. thanks for in input.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:37:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Actually, NoDak does not recommend the single hook in the NDS-3. I have just finished my 2nd Romy using the NDS-3 and G2 double hook trigger and both function test fine (I haven't shot the new one yet, but my older build operates with no problem).

Like it was said above, you just have to cut a second slot in the receiver. The cut should be shorter than the original cut so trigger overtravel is limited. Too much and you may get some problems.

mfn

Agreed. It's only the single hook that NDS doesn't recommend in the NDS3 due to the longer slot. If you cut a second shorter slot then all will work fine. Other than that you can pick up a RSA or Armory single hook FCG.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 7:02:53 AM EDT
[#7]
why do they sugguest against the single hook g2 from tapco for their recievers?
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 7:33:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
why do they sugguest against the single hook g2 from tapco for their recievers?

It is my understanding that the NDS-3 receiver was originally designed for Century who used their own FCG. The single slot is a bit too long to work correctly with the Tapco single hook by allowing it to have a bit too much over travel. By cutting a second (shorter) slot you can utilize the Tapco FCG and stop the trigger closer to where it should be stopped. I've done the modification a few times...if you are comfortable doing so then it takes all of ten minutes (if that) with a drill press and file to get a good quality second slot.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:41:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Another thing you could do to make a double hook FCG fit into a receiver made for a single hook, is shave a  little off the second hook.  That's what I've seen people doing to get double hooks to fit into Saigas, as opposed to cutting into the receiver.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Get the G2 double hook and then look up Gunplumber's excellent instructions on fitting the double-hook G2 to the NDS-3. It's not drop-in but it works perfectly!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top