Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/4/2007 2:32:28 PM EDT
Hey all as some of you know Im back over in Iraq, this time with 1st Bn 1st Marines. Today our gunner gave me a Romanian AKM to let the Marines Fam-fire, but what is throwing me off about it is the side-folding stock. It has the Crutch style buttstock, not the style being sold now by everyone. It is has a lever to open/ close it just like some of the romys do. I think it is east german and was put on this romy, but figured Id ask. I'll take some pics when I get a chance.

On a different note, he also gave me a tula bake-light ak mag, similar to the ones that were in the variaty packs from CTD/SG (cant remember which). When we first got here I we inherited 2 RPK drum mags(1 chinese, 1 russian), and a few Russian mags (including a russian non-ribbed and a few typical ish/tula marked). Now if it was allowed to bring mags and parts home I could make some good cash, but gotta love the no war souviners deal LOL. At least we are not getting shot at this time, I was about 3 klicks west of here last year, This area was the wild wild west last year, now its nice and quiet.

Talk to ya later
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Too bad you couldn't take a torch or a saw to the AK and bring it back as a demilled kit.

Thanks for your service and stay safe over there.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#2]
It is an East German stock. They were for the rifles sold they to Egypt and it is assumed that they began making their own at some point, but as far as I know not confirmed.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top