Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2007 2:27:49 PM EDT
It seems most would rate Bulgarian superior, but how much different are these quality wise: reliability, durability, fit and finish. I see some M92 Yugo's for around $900-950. But not too many bulgarian. I think I saw one recently for $1300. What you guys think?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:28:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I meant M92 in my topic
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:58:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It seems most would rate Bulgarian superior, but how much different are these quality wise: reliability, durability, fit and finish. I see some M92 Yugo's for around $900-950. But not too many bulgarian. I think I saw one recently for $1300. What you guys think?

I have one of each. I like them both but for slightly diffrent reasons. Both are as accruate as any short barreled rifle with open combat sighting should be expected to be. I can keep my shots on an eight inch bull out to 100yds from a rest with proper trigger control,ect. The Bulgy is in 5.45 and has much lighter recoil and is easier to control. The M92 in 7.62 has more recoil and is heavier but delivers more punch. And so on.
As for reliability, fit, finish and durability these are in the hands of the builder and the quality of the reciever used. If done right both make very nice weapons indeed. I guess its really pretty much a toss up. Go with the one you like the best that has been properly put together and finished and I dont think you can go wrong either way. Or do what I did and get both.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:00:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I have often wondered why the Bulgys bring more money.....is it because they are in shorter supply?

As stated above, both weapons will make very nice, reliable, and decently accurate shortys so long as they were built right.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought the M92 kit and am just waiting on my Form 1 (actually will do the dummy can build while I'm waiting).  I'll probably also get the Bulgy.  I've got plenty of 5.45 and really like the way it shoots.  

I'm of the opinion you should buy what you can now.  Parts kits are drying-up and liberals may be comming.  I don't want to look back 2 or 3 years from now and regret not spending the $1,300 while I could.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:55:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I like my Bulgy's.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:17:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Why are kits drying up? There are no additional restrictions currently, right? I know we all concerned about what will happen after 08 elections, but are there any laws recently passed preventing kit getting in from abroad? Or is it because people buying like crazy right now?  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:24:25 PM EDT
[#7]

The Kits are drying up or someone is buying them up. (you know who you are!)  They cant import anymore barrels with the kits and no one is making the barrels here in the US.  $900 bucks I hope you are talking about the M-85 .223 Yugo kits!  I thought I saw some M-92 kits on GB for less than $650.  I say if you can afford both get them!  The Bulgarian kits are closer to the AKS-74U and that is why they are so prized.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 3:36:45 PM EDT
[#8]
A couple nice things about the M92 are:

1 - Sight radius is almost exactly the same as a full size AK, only about 1/2" difference
2 - 10" barrel helps keep the velocity up

It costs a little more but you can have a side folder installed with a M92 kit if you want a hybrid like I did with mine

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#9]
You are lucky living in Texas. I am in Michigan, and state law here prohibits SBRs. So, if I want a Krink, it has to be a pistol (no stock).
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top