Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/12/2007 3:23:12 PM EDT
Which would you purchase and why? For those that say "get both", which would you purchase first?

I'm saving up for one of the above and just wanted to get some input to assist my decision. Any input/opinions on why you like one over the other, experiences, etc. are greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 3:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
As an all around shooter, I'd go with (and have) the SAM7R. I think the Underfolder is actually a SAS-M7 Classic, rather than the part number you mentioned. It has blond-wood furniture right? I have the all black "non-classic" version, which is the SAS-M7. To me an underfolder is a good 2nd AK, unless you are lucky enough to get your hands on a rare side-folder (SF) model, which I think is the best all around milled Arsenal AK you can get, due to versatility and stock strength. Paratrooper underfolders are great, but the stocks "can" start to get a little loose after 5k rounds. It's not a definite, but not uncommon either. Some guys get 10k+ rounds with no problems.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 3:48:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, it has the blonde furniture. Most things I've seen point to the fixed stock being a better option for a shooter but the UF is a good looking firearm. I do like that the SA M-7 has the rail on it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yeah, it has the blonde furniture. Most things I've seen point to the fixed stock being a better option for a shooter but the UF is a good looking firearm. I do like that the SA M-7 has the rail on it.

I have the SAM7R, the SAM7A1R, and the SAS-M7, and I can say with all honesty that if I could only keep one of the three, it would be the SAM7R. To me it's the best AK on the planet for $850.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have the SAM7R, the SAM7A1R, and the SAS-M7, and I can say with all honesty that if I could only keep one of the three, it would be the SAM7R. To me it's the best AK on the planet for $850.

I like Tactical_T's call here

UF's are just not as practical for a shooter. Now if it was the SAM7 Classic - easy call. But I prefer the full stock models - Warsaw version even better.

although the UF may have higher $ value in the long run.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#5]
What does the classic have over the standard SAM-7R? Just differant furniture?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:21:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What does the classic have over the standard SAM-7R? Just differant furniture?

Nothing other than the UF arm. You actually loose the side scope rail with an UF, as it would get in the way of the folder when folded.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, looks like I'll go with the railed version. Perhaps when I save up enough later this year I can go back and get the UF version. Thanks for all the help .
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:28:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Buy the under folder before Hillary get elected.

G
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

G

I'm thinking she'll ban ALL semi-auto rifles, so going with a full stock or UF is probably irrelevant.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 7:13:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

G

I'm thinking she'll ban ALL semi-auto rifles, so going with a full stock or UF is probably irrelevant.

Alrighty then.

G
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 8:01:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, it's not really an issue of one or the other. I'm starting to become fascinated with the AK and the ammo prices are right, at least for now. So, in order to keep my training up I'm going to invest in some AKs and plenty of ammo.

The UF will be next when my wallet recovers from the SA M-7R
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top