Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/11/2007 2:57:01 PM EDT
OK so like every one else here I bought a bunch of 5.45 because it's cheap. Now I needed a rifle to shoot it in. Saw a bulgy build on GB and picked it up for 425. Decent price even though it was a Hesse reciever. Just got it today. Saw right away it was a scew build, my fault for not asking....oh well. Immediatly loaded up some wolf and the thing started jamming every 4-5 rounds. Hmm this sucks, changed mags ....same story. Could it be the wolf? Broke open a can of bulgy surplus (that really gets me POed as I bought the wolf to save the cans!) and tried it. Same story. I have not cleaned this thing yet. What could be the prob? Am I going to have to srape the reciever? Just noticed front trunion is WELDED tyo the receiver! Argh....help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
OK so like every one else here I bought a bunch of 5.45 because it's cheap. Now I needed a rifle to shoot it in. Saw a bulgy build on GB and picked it up for 425. Decent price even though it was a Hesse reciever. Just got it today. Saw right away it was a scew build, my fault for not asking....oh well. Immediatly loaded up some wolf and the thing started jamming every 4-5 rounds. Hmm this sucks, changed mags ....same story. Could it be the wolf? Broke open a can of bulgy surplus (that really gets me POed as I bought the wolf to save the cans!) and tried it. Same story. I have not cleaned this thing yet. What could be the prob? Am I going to have to srape the reciever? Just noticed front trunion is WELDED tyo the receiver! Argh....help would be appreciated.

Could you please post a picture of your rifle?

We can use it in a sticky thread to Illustrate for newbs WHAT NOT TO BUY

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes yes my fault...I knew it was to good to be true.

Here's a link to the sale:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=81173569

Rails look like my MAK....thing poking out on the left...straight on the right...yeah receiver markered 7.62 and electropencilled (sloppily) out and 5.45 written underneath.

Obviously can't trust my life with the rifle but can't see selling it to any one either. Any idea how to at least reduce stoppages?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:43:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:53:02 PM EDT
[#5]
ouch......that sucks you got taken. Maybe you could cut the reciever, bend back the metal near the trunion and seperate it from the receiver with a chisel and some good ol elbow grease. I don't know if that will work, it depends on how good of a weld they did. At least if you could do something like that you could salvage it as a kit for a screw build. Hope you can get that fixed.

I second the sticky for noobs of WHAT NOT TO BUY.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok

Genuine Generic  BUBBA/HESSE built AK-74  

purchased sight unseen from an unrated auction seller who only fired it on
SUNDAYS

--------------
"OK so like every one else here I bought a bunch of 5.45 because it's cheap. Now I needed a rifle to shoot it in. Saw a bulgy build on GB and picked it up for 425. Decent price even though it was a Hesse reciever. Just got it today. Saw right away it was a scew build, my fault for not asking....oh well. Immediatly loaded up some wolf and the thing started jamming every 4-5 rounds. Hmm this sucks, changed mags ....same story. Could it be the wolf? Broke open a can of bulgy surplus (that really gets me POed as I bought the wolf to save the cans!) and tried it. Same story. I have not cleaned this thing yet. What could be the prob? Am I going to have to srape the reciever? Just noticed front trunion is WELDED tyo the receiver! Argh....help would be appreciated."
----------------

AS ALWAYS , CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top