Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/11/2007 7:08:16 AM EDT

Hi All,

Looking for a source who has Bulgarian Gas Blocks with the bayonet lugs in place. They need to be for the AK47 style. I'm retrofitting a Chinese Mak-90 and I heard these would work.

Thanks in advance

-Chris
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:00:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried K-Var?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:01:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Chris, check out the link I sent you a little closer, I think the AK-47 gas blocks didn't have bayonet lugs.  The bayonet's pomel was shaped to fit around the gasblock and the bayonet had a locking mechanism on the front, near the guard, that locked onto the cleaning rod retainer on the front sight.  You'd only need to replace your front sight to make the first type bayonet fit.  Most guys change the gasblock out so it'll have the retainer loop for the cleaning rod.  This set-up will allow your AK to attach a bayonet like the original milled-receiver Russian guns used.  The Chinese stamped AKs are actually stamped receiver guns that were copied from milled receiver Russian AKs.  The original pre-ban Norincos did have bayonet lugs on the gasblocks, but you'll have a really hard time finding one of those gas blocks, they are rarer than the Polytech underfolder front sight assemblies. Check out the pics in the links I sent you again.  As for a source for the front sights, here's one:www.globaltrades.com/ak_sights.html.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top