Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/7/2007 1:58:55 PM EDT
Im considering getting one of these.  Experience with thim seems to be hit or miss.  Anyone got a range report for one thats been aquired within the last 2 yrs?  I suspect that if the dems take over in 08 these will be hard to get, its already that way now.

No...must resist, I have too many calibers to feed as it is.  Must resist.

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:11:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Im considering getting one of these.  Experience with thim seems to be hit or miss.  Anyone got a range report for one thats been aquired within the last 2 yrs?  I suspect that if the dems take over in 08 these will be hard to get, its already that way now.

No...must resist, I have too many calibers to feed as it is.  Must resist.

I hear you on wanting one of these. Not so much for precision shooting, but more so for collector purposes. Anyway, I cannot personally vouch for their accuracy, but I read a very interesting article in the last issue of Combat Arms that discusses actual insurgent sniping in Iraq.

To summarize it, the scoped rifles have been effective/accurate sniper rifles against our boys out to about 400m. Just thought that info might interest you.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:47:31 PM EDT
[#2]
They are somewhat picky about bullet weight.  I have heard rumors of guys getting good results from handloading, which makes sense.  In general you aren't maximizing the accuracy potential of any gun by shooting old, corrosive surplus ammo through it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine got consistent sub 2" groups with Czech silver tip ammo at 100 yards.
Haven't been to the 100 yard range this year. But it was great on the few trips last year I used it on.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:42:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine gets about a 2-3 inch group at 100m.  Thats with the light ball Wolf (I think 147gr).

I've never been a big bench rest shooter, so I'm confident someone else could do better with it.  Its completely factory.. I haven't upgraded anything about it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:39:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:56:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Do not use heavy bullets in the PSL if you get one.

www.dragunov.net/psl_ammo.html
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:56:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I've contemplated getting one of these, too.  I'm just having a hard time justifying the $800 price tag around here.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#8]
When they first came out many were getting the triggers tuned that helped get the accuracy down to around 2-3 MOA
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top