Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/14/2006 4:58:10 AM EDT
What is the recommended method for attached optics - dot - to a Yugo UF.

I would like the iron sights to be also available.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:06:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 3:45:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Please don't forget that Ultimak is will not fit Yugo AK47 rifle (modifications will be needed).
1. The differece between reguler AKMs and Yugo AKMs is that Yugo's gas port is located 1/2 further from the trunnion than a reguler AKM.
2. The way Yugo's gas tube locks in the rear sight base is also little different, so Ultimak will not lock in there either.

So the only place Ultimak will be able to lock in properly is the two clams on the barrel, which probebly will not hold is stable because you will be using 1 instead of 3 mounting points.

I explained this in the post a few days back, no one seems to believe me. So in the case you do try it please take a picture and do a review of how it will work.

I tried to mount an ultimak on my Yugo and after seeing how loose it is I sold it.

Since than the only best place to mount optics is the side rail. But for underfolders the side rail has to be much thicker than for full stock AKs (because the underfolder button will be on the way of mount any optics on the rail.)
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:13:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I did email UltiMAK and received a prompt email reply that they expect to release a mount specifically for the Yugo M70AB2 this summer.

Thanks to all who replied.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:39:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top