Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/3/2006 2:55:00 PM EDT
Has anyone installed one of TDI's X47 Rail Systems? I'm specifically trying to figure out how to secure the rear of the lower handguard to the receiver. Is there a "block" that I'm supposed to screw into the hand guard? If so, I may be missing a piece. Can anyone point me to a source for installation directions? I bought it "used" so I don't have any.

Regards,
Mickey
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:39:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#2]
There were two set screws that were stuck inside one of those TDI rubber grip covers. It looks like they are used; set in appropriate holes to fit either a milled or stamped receiver. Once I put them in, the handguard locked up tight. I can only assume that's what they are used for...since no holes were left after I installed everything. First time I ever put something together without having left-over parts!

Man, this thing is S-O-L-I-D. I'm a bit of a gun & gear snob...so if I'm impressed, that says a little bit about a product. Installation was a breeze (once I found the set screws) and the entire assembly is pretty intuitive. The machining is second to none, and pretty much on par with the likes of SWAN and KNIGHTS (at least from preliminary inspection). I know...some would consider that blasphamy, but I've had exposure to multiple rail systems and own a S.I.R., and this rail system is definitely within the same ball park.

My only chief complaint is that the top rail could be about 1/2 shorter. This would allow me to field strip the Bulgie without having to seemingly dissassemble the rail system. I'll try and write a range report after I take it to the range this weekend!

~Mickey
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Range report? Pics?
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top