Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/29/2006 2:28:23 PM EDT
I just picked up a yugo underfolder and want to put an eotech on it. Where do I find a hand guard mount or a top cover mount that will fit it?  Or am I dreaming?

TIA
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:42:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:15:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Hello.
BE VERY CAREFULL WITH BUYING AN ULTIMAK. Your gas tube on Yugo is about 1/2in longer than standard, and the gas tube lever is different from standard. So even if the mount will physically fit in, it will still be mounted only by the two bottom clamps to your barrel, and will not be held from both ends.
I spoke with Ultimak they claim that it will fit, and function, however when mounted on my Yugo, it wasn't firm enough for me, so I sold it.
Goodluck.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:08:52 PM EDT
[#4]
But did you shoot it?? The one on my bulgy is just a tad bit short, but when it heats up and expands its just fine.Have had no problems with it at all.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:11:18 AM EDT
[#5]
einheit13 yuor ultimak on bulgy holds in 3 spots.
1- gas block
2- rear sight block leaver
3- 2 bolts on the middle.

With Yugo gas block beeing good 1/2in - 3/4in further, and rear sight block leaver is not holding it either there will be only bolts on the middle holding it.
There will be problems like: gas tube will be off to the bottom therefor it will not provide a good guide for the gas piston. Especially after you shoot it, from the recoil it might move to the side, because it is beeing held only on the middle (not in the rear by the leaver, and not in the front by the gas block).
Now even if you are right and from shooting it will expand, metal doesn't expand 1/2in to the front. Now You might be still good because it is just little short, but with having 1/2 gap it might be a problem.
Also it might of been alright if the rear leaver would be holding it, but without it, the mount will not have sufficiant tightness.

You wanna try it on a Yugo, go ahead, but it will be a weist of time and money.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:26:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Here is a photo of my Vector underfolder. with a Ultimak rail. I love it and it holds zero every time I remove my eotech. Yes that is a real suppressor on it too and its quiet. I believe they make several sizes for differend rifles.

Slug-O-Matic
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top