Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/28/2005 5:50:53 PM EDT
I'd like to scope one of my Ak's. I do not like the height and wish the scope didn't sit off to the left. I have tried a few mounts, and this seems to be a constant.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:18:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I love ak's but finding a way to scope them properly is a pain in the ass. I will probably just go with a Ultimak mount and a red dot.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:23:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:53:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the IOR Valdada mount the best, check it out.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:57:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I like the IOR Valdada mount the best, check it out.

I am not familiar with it, but I did get my Ultimak today.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:24:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Tell me how you like the ultimak.   Those are made just down the street from me and produced by a fairly good aquaintance of mine.

Any intrest in a group buy?   (I could give him a yell it there was)

OMP

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:35:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Tell me how you like the ultimak.   Those are made just down the street from me and produced by a fairly good aquaintance of mine.

Any intrest in a group buy?   (I could give him a yell it there was)

OMP

Well here's the range report. It went on like a charm, and looks great. I am not able to afford expensive optics right now while I am doing rennovations. I put on a cheapie Barska 30mm red dot and it sucks. I am looking forward to adding an Eotech.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:07:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I went with the new kvar mount on one of mine.  IT's nice and low but a taaaaaad off center.  Luckily that particular rifle is going ou tto get worked on at AKUSA, and that will be fixed.

I'm going for an ultimak on my next one just fofr variety.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:19:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Well here's the range report. It went on like a charm, and looks great. I am not able to afford expensive optics right now while I am doing rennovations. I put on a cheapie Barska 30mm red dot and it sucks. I am looking forward to adding an Eotech.

LIKE SO?  (large pict)
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LIKE SO?  (large pict)

is that hte veriforce handguard?  if so can you get a zoomed out pic too?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:59:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

is that the veriforce handguard?  if so can you get a zoomed out pic too?

nope, all ultimak

HERE
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:11:54 PM EDT
[#12]
sweet.  Thought it looked quality!  that's why I asked for the zoom out!!!!

very nice!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I just bought a brand spankin new Bushnell holosight to go on it today. A guy at work got one for Christmas. He doesn't like it so he asked me what I'd give him for it. I offered $100 and he said "hell yeah!". Wow, what a deal for me!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:00:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I just bought a brand spankin new Bushnell holosight to go on it today. A guy at work got one for Christmas. He doesn't like it so he asked me what I'd give him for it. I offered $100 and he said "hell yeah!". Wow, what a deal for me!

I think folks misunderestimate the toughness of those scopes just cause they don't have the eotech condom on.....  I've had them and liked em alot.  took a few bumps too.  Obviously not combat bumps but for an armchair commando like myself I'd jump on them if used eotech prices weren't so damned tempting!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:59:26 PM EDT
[#15]
What about the POSP style scope rather than a red dot type? I know it's an AK but for plinking 100 meters you can't do better than these optics. I just bought and installed a Russian 8x42 Range finding Scope for AK and I love it with these POSP scopes, they incorporate superior optics usually found in units priced 3-5 times more. High-quality multi-coated lenses provide superior light transmission and contrast to deliver a bright, defined and distortion-free image. And the red Illuminated reticule is kick ass.

I did go to the range today but I had some trouble getting it to zero, only to find that my bullets were glancing off my new AK-74 style muzzle break. After shooting 100 (wasted) round I figured it out. I have plane to go Sunday to finalize this sight in process, after I have bored the compensator on a drill press. I'm not sure if it's the threads on the gun or the break that are off, but this should correct the problem and eliminate the whole function of the compensator entirely. lol

We'll see what happens. I might just sight in with the factory Break.

GREAT SCOPE THOUGH.

LINK:    www.impactguns.com/store/russian_posp8x42.html
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#16]
While the glass is nice on those I hate POSP's. They always sit off to the left and too high for my tastes. I do not want anything more than 2.5x magnification personally. I also do not want to have to screw around trying to figure out how the thing works because I can't read the manual.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top