Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2005 4:53:40 PM EDT
I know these are usually for the AK-74, but I have one, and just conversed with a fellow who has one on the EE as well, and both have a reticle which I have seen on some sites.

It appears to be dead on at 400 meters, with graduations out to 20 or 2000 meters I assume.

The only thoughts I had was that it could possible be for an RPK or a Dragunov, both of which dont really have 2000 meter capabilities, but the factory stressed these were made for "low impulse" applications, so I doubt they used this scope on a 20mm.

Any help?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:29:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Where did you see "the factory stressed these were made for "low impulse" applications" ?

I figured as much, but am curious. I have been tempted to try one on a 7.62x39 VEPR.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#2]
The wide angle riflescope is intended for automatic low pulse small arms aimed firing of AKM, AK74, RPK74, Abacan, Groza, Val types and also for hunting carbines of Saiga type.

Specifications
Visible magnification, power 3.5
Entrance pupil diameter, mm 21
Exit pupil diameter, mm 6
Angular field of view, deg. 12°
Eye relief, mm 48
Elevation / azimuth adjustment step, angular sec. 17''  
Elevation & azimuth adjustment range ±36'  
Resolution, angular sec. 13
Operating temperature range, °C ±50
Length, mm 190
Weight, kg
www.rbs.ru/vttv/99/firms/belomo/e-35x21.htm
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:57:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:37:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If you need a wider angle fov in commie glass, see the 2.5-5 specs

I have one of those. It's a complete POS, I hate it.

If your eye is not the EXACT distance behind the scope you can't see sqat. So they add a badly designed rubber eye cap that messes with your eye socket and makes it look like your looking through a tunnel. The glass is also yellow, very yellow. After getting that I put the brakes on trying out anymore ex-commie scopes, no matter how cheap they are. The PO 3.5 x21P is the only common one worth owning, but is only good for the mild calibers. For anything else I'd rather use the much higher quality Leapers glass, but will probably go one step higher and get a Simmons.

I guess I'm spoiled by Leupold glass and its forgiveness of eye position. I can be an inch and more too far back and still see the reticle and take the shot fine. Name an Belarus scope that can do that?

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:13:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Finding a dealer with demo Leupold VXIII 1.5-5x20 for $165, and buying just one to test drive the concept of a lowx variable, was one of the dumbest things I have ever done. Should have bought several...

Now that's a lovely scope!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:14:05 AM EDT
[#7]
RS39, does the RPK reticle go out to 2000 meters?  

Thats my real question, what low impulse caliber, has ANY application out to that distance?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:00:43 PM EDT
[#8]
RPK will never go 2000m - unless it is .338 lapua - and will you see anything at 2000m with that small scope with 21mm objective???? and no magnification.

I am guesstimating that low impulse means low recoil, but I maybe mistaking.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:28:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:57:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
RS39, does the RPK reticle go out to 2000 meters?  

Thats my real question, what low impulse caliber, has ANY application out to that distance?

Not sure about RPK, my 74 ret goes to 1000, and I can't imagine expecting to hit well beyond 600 with either 5.45 or 5.56. Now a group of soldiers may still make the next hill an uncomfortable place to be.

The sight IS an RPK sight, and that 20 IS 2 kilometers distance.

The purpose of those extreme distances on Russian military sights is just that (the example aforementioned).
At 2200 Yards, and 5 MOA (my '74 shoots half that, with irons), the impact zone is still 110 Inches + windage. That's 9.5+ feet. That's still plenty accuracte for shooting a group of soldiers on another hill to keep their heads down while you have another group move in or call in the artillery or CAS.

Once again, we're talking about AREA TARGETS, under conditions of military operations. Not killing paper or clay birds, or getting those good chest hits on Coyote.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the information, I had narrowed it down to that in my mind as the only acceptable usage of a scope designed for the AK-74.

I have seen old iron sights on military rifles, that flip up with ranges at that distance, and the usage was long range volley fire, basically dropping lead on the other guys heads, and taking out as many as they could, even though the chance of individual marksmanship was far gone.

The damn bad part about it is now I have to find an purchase a 5.45 RPK, so I have the right RPK for the scope!

I wonder how much the ballistics of the 7.62 x 39 are off from the 5.45 caliber, as I only have a 7.62 RPK?

Its critical even though most places in Western PA you cant even SEE 2 kilometers, because of all the hills.....
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:28:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top