Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 4:22:17 AM EDT
was wondering if anyone made an adapter to convert a weaver rail to a picatinny rail?
Something that might slide overt he top of the weaver rail perhaps?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:41:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:45:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Anything that will mount to a picatinny rail, will also mount to a weaver. Just curious, is there a reason for the conversion?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:35:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Anything that will mount to a picatinny rail, will also mount to a weaver. Just curious, is there a reason for the conversion?

I think the problem is that you cannot have a picatinny mount to a weaver base.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:46:18 AM EDT
[#4]
maybe im not using the proper terminology.

I have an AK cover with the smallish .22 size scope rail on it.
I was wondering if anyone makes a cover for this that has the picatinny rail on it that will bolt or slide over the top of it?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:54:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:45:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Steve:

I am not sure that what you are asking for exists. I own a Valmet M-76 that came with a second receiver cover that had a scope rail on it. However, this scope rail is for rim fire mounts being only about 3/8 inch wide. Back in the late 1980s I purchased a highly quality scope, the Beeman Blue Ribbon SSS-2, for it which had a integral clamp for the 3/8 inch rail. I have been looking around for an adaptor that would let me use another scope with rings for a Weaver base but have not been able to find such a thing. The reverse adaptor is available which converts a Weaver base to a 3/8 inch base; B-Square sells this.

Let us know if you find what you are seeking. I would prefer to use another scope on my Valmet and will need a 3/8 inch to Weaver adaptor.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:28:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the problem is that you cannot have a picatinny mount to a weaver base.

A picatinny is a mil-standard weaver rail.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top