Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/5/2005 10:01:25 AM EDT
I just put an extended mag release from red star on my ak and its the best most useful part I have ever put on any gun. It takes about 10 minutes and you need a pop rivet gun. But it makes a huge difference in the fact that you dont have to move any mor ethan your trigger finger to drop your mag and for you lefties, it is ambidextrous. This thing is awesome A+++++
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:55:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never had any problem just grabbing the magazine with my lefthand, using my palm to depress the standard release and yanking that magazine out of there. *shrug*
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:44:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I guess I should try to be more like you
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've never had any problem just grabbing the magazine with my lefthand, using my palm to depress the standard release and yanking that magazine out of there. *shrug*

Good for you, now fuck off.

Thanks for the info 762BD, I was wondering about that mag release myself.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Mightyfuck! All I was saying is that I did not think there was a problem with the standard release!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Mightyfuck! All I was saying is that I did not think there was a problem with the standard release!

Understood, however he was posting about HIS experience with this product. There is no need for you to chime in with an "I don't need it". He was pointing out that it made a mag change easier and faster.  If you want to debate the issue of AK mag releases, start your own thread. In the mean time try to respect others'.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#7]
BodyDropper- Sorry for insulting you; I'm happy to hear that your extended magazine release increases your reload speeds. The magazine drops free?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:23:52 PM EDT
[#8]
No insult to me, You just sounded pretty snotty like you were traying to say that I am incompotent or you are too high speed to need a mag release extension. But that goes on alot at this site people trying to sound cooler than the other guy.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:23:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the extended release too and like it.
The "standard" release lever on my bulgie was so sharp and stiff it was literally a pain to use and impossible to use fast without some degree of injury. None of that any more.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top