Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/1/2005 10:05:01 AM EDT
What is the best way to stretch these?  Picked two up at the funshow this weekend and one is tight but I can get it closed but the other is about an inch short in closing.  I have tried to put the mags in different ways but nothing seems to work.  Or are the waffle mags a tad bit longer than the steel mags?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:02:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:49:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  Played with them tonight.  The one pouch had three steel mags and one waffle.  That one was the one that I was able to close but was tight.  I switched the mags to the other pouch and got it to close tight in that pouch.  I put the remaining waffles in the first pouch and it closed.   Just had to ge them to stretch out some more.  Looks like they did wash the pouches so they may have shrunk.  

If they won't loosen up enough I will try soaking them and putting the waffles in them.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#3]
chances are the pouch that won't close is for AK-74 mags!!!!!

East germans had one for the AK-74 and one for the AK-47

the steel AK-47 won't go into the AK-74, unless you about pop the stiches

if you want to sell it to me I'll take it.....I need another EG 74 pouch

You can tell by the way the loops are, they are metal loops for the AK 47 that the cloth goes through
for the AK-74 it is a metal (green painted) loop that goes through a another loop (metal painted) and then the cloth goes through it

the AK-74 also has an extra "grabber" on the cloth stap that  goes through, its not on the AK-47
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#4]
These?

That's what I have.  Unpainted metal tabs that fit through an unpainted metal slots and then the cloth keepers.  Are these for the 47 or 74?  TIA
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#5]
those my friend are for the steel 7.62x39 AK-47

If it won't close something weird is going on

is there any discoloration or smelllike there could have been a crap load of mildew sometime?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#6]
No nothing "fishy" smelling about them.  Got them to fit just had to stretch it out after the vendor obviously washed them in probably hot water to clean them up prior to the show.  I did check the mags side by side and the waffles are only a hair longer and a tad bit wider.  That may be my problem.  I have 5 waffles and three steel in the two pouches.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:25:47 PM EDT
[#7]
you just need to sell me the waffle ones so you can have all steel ones that fit
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
you just need to sell me the waffle ones so you can have all steel ones that fit

Nichts, nein, dis est meine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Good try though.  I like keeping the waffles in the pouches and the steel in the cans in bags.  Now I just need to get three more waffles and then build up the supply of steel.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#9]
in cans in bags?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:29:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
in cans in bags?

Yeah, I vaccum seal the can.  

No, mags in bags and bagged mags in cans.  It was late and dyslexic am I.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top