Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2004 3:18:11 AM EDT
Does anyone have this kind of sight???  Is it good or bad??  Does it wash out in sun like the Kobra site.  I'm looking for something different for my ak but I still want a good site.  I think someone should start a review on AK related site's???

Jet
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn, got sights mixed up. Edited to cut unrelated link I suggested. Mods please remove this post...
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:20:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:39:02 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the info I should be picking it up in about a month I will do a range report.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:29:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one, I like it.  I haven't had the dot wash out, but I have had to set it at the highest setting to pick it up.  The adjustment knobs are marked in Russian, so you might have some confusion zeroing it (I did!).  The side mount adjusts pretty easily.  Dot is about 4 moa.  The thing seems rugged as hell.  Only issue I have with the price ($185 from Freedom Optics) is that I'm not sure if I like ANY optic on an AK, even a good one - the more I shoot it with the dot, the more I think I like it better with the iron sites (It's an AK, after all!).  But the Russian (actually Belarussian) stuff is the way to go if you want to put something on it.  Freedom Optics is a great source.  Yuri was very helpful and knows his product.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:18:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Do you mean the PKASV? I have one and it is spot on. The red dot is very visible and it also has a black dot for daytime. A Damn good sight. What you put the dot on is what you hit. Everytime.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#6]
No, I have the PK-AV.  There is no dot when the unit is turned off.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top