Posted: 10/31/2003 12:51:07 PM EDT
www.riflestocks.com/ak.html
Anyone used one of these?
How well do they work?
Are there any better ones?
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Never used one but I'll type anyway.
It appears to use only the rear leaf pin to be secured, which worries me about it's ability to retain zero with an optic mass on it. I could be wrong.
Similar money gets you an Ultimak (search Sailordude posts earlier this year) which replaces the gas tube using the clamp to keep it secured at both ends. It is also low enough to use irons thru an Aimpoint per SD post.
About $40 gets you a Belarussian side rail bracket with weaver rail top which is as solidly built as the PSO series scopes (Ihave one of these).
And the VEPR side rail to weaver bracket has nice adjustment to compensate for real variations in side rail riveting positions.
Or $130ish for a Kobra.
What are your sighting goals besides a red dot?
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#2]
We'll I'll be using an OKO on it.
Wanted something alittle further forward than the side mount, and I'll most likely put it on my maadi anyways, which does not already have the mount attachment installed.
I've been looking for a while something similar to how the czech's mount the oko on their krinks.
But the pic I had didn't show exactly how it was mounted, appeared to be directly on the upperhand guard.
Was just curiosuly browsing the web for ak mounts again and seen that one.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Upper handguard would be an Ultimak in the US.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Yea I seen that, I had to use the "way back machine setting" to find it.
I notice someone on there posted a pic of what appears to be a rail mounted on the rear sight aswell.
Not sure what I'll do but thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:58:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Get an Ultimak. You'll get a better cheek weld, retain the rear sight, and with the right scope mount will co-witness with the iron sights.

It's rock-solid.

And no, your scope will not overheat.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:58:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree with sailordude, this setup works and rocks.....

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top