Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/14/2003 1:36:56 PM EDT
AFAIK information on AK mounts is rare and incomplete.

I would like a mount that is low and directly over the bore for simplicity. Then I will try a variety of scopes. I might even install an ACOG.

K-Var has a variety, but is mute on specifications. I have explored the usual sites mentioned in the forum, but they all seem to want my money without providing specs first. The Russian models could be lightweight alloys or cast iron anvils canted 90 degrees off bore for all the info they give.

Has anyone found a good one?

Link Posted: 9/14/2003 2:52:57 PM EDT
[#1]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=57595
See pics.
Other than 1/8" left is a fine piece overall.

There is a bit of variety in side rail height on receivers, so what barely allows the dust cover to be removed on one is too low for another.

The best overall piece and fit is the VEPR mount on a VEPR. Sturdy, centered, just allows full cleaning without removal.

Another very nice piece is the IOR/Valdada mount for sale in the PX of snipercountry.com.

Me? I enjoy the MTK75 with 1" integral rings, have yet to put an actual optic on the mount in the link above but am very pleased initially with the mount, and am otherwise happy with the price/package of the Russian Kobra and PO scopes.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to Tantal website. That guy knows more about Commie optics and mounts than the rest of us put together.

You might also give Yuri a ringy-dingy at freedomoptics.com. His customer service is unbelievably good.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=57595
See pics.
Other than 1/8" left is a fine piece overall.

There is a bit of variety in side rail height on receivers, so what barely allows the dust cover to be removed on one is too low for another.

The best overall piece and fit is the VEPR mount on a VEPR. Sturdy, centered, just allows full cleaning without removal.

Another very nice piece is the IOR/Valdada mount for sale in the PX of snipercountry.com.

Me? I enjoy the MTK75 with 1" integral rings, have yet to put an actual optic on the mount in the link above but am very pleased initially with the mount, and am otherwise happy with the price/package of the Russian Kobra and PO scopes.

I checked out the Vepr mount at  www.robarm.com/vepr_mounts_and_optics.htm  and found the description surpasses anything on the other sites. Having the windage and elevation screws on the mount makes sense.

The other sites had nice pictures, but I am unable to figure out specifications from them. With the mounts averaging $100 they can do much better. I'd be afraid of putting on an American scope and only then finding out the scope won't adjust enough.

I will order the Vepr mount this week and try it on a couple of rifles. They even had a picture of an ACOG on their mount, which is the ultimate scope, but unfortunately costs more than the rifles.

Thanks to everybody for the help!
Robert
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top