Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2003 5:08:32 PM EDT
I ordered a couple of scopes from Kalinka three weeks ago. Been trying to call them, since they told me two weeks for delivery. Today, their normal phone message finally changed. It said they got hit by an electrical storm last week and it destroyed all their electrical equipment. Now they have to replace broken stuff and put their database back together. What a pain in the arse for them. I sure hope they shipped my scopes direct from the motherland.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I really have no simpathy for them.  They were total idiots to deal with.  The customer service person I delt with is proof that Darwin was wrong.

I better watch out, last time all I said was "the people at Kalinka are idiots" and they threatened me with slander. Your scope will mostlikely come in a little brown paper box directly from Russia.

I better go now, the Kalinka has probaly already hired a lawyer.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The guy I talked to was pretty helpful and seemed to have worked there for more than a couple of weeks.

Of course, if I get a box full of rancid popcorn and a dead cat I'll be singing a different tune.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 1:55:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I kept dealing with some woman named April.  She had this thing for AA batteries.  I have no idea how she got the idea I wanted anything with AA batteries, but she seamed to dwell on it...........she must have had other things on her mind.

When I finaly got my stuff (the right stuff), it was advertized and in good condition.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Do yourself a favor and stay far away from them. I ordered a kobra scope and batteries two months ago and have recieved nothing.They keep telling me it was sent and it's my tough luck I didn't recieve it. I'm still trying to get my money back. They will lie like hell to you and won't help you at all if you have problems. Order from Tantal or nightvision. Their reputation is far better.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I finally got hold of them last Thursday, and they sent me an email the next day saying it cleared customs. I sure hope this doesn't turn into a big problem. If it doesn't get resolved soon, I'll have to call the ol' credit card company and get them to take over, or cancel it. One month so far.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 5:59:44 AM EDT
[#6]
If they're having shipping issues, it'd be nice if they'd mention it on their website...

But that might discourage business - honesty is never the best policy!

Hrmm.

Now I'm not going to do business with them.

Tantal needs to hurry up and get Kobra's back in stock!!  
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top