Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/15/2002 12:26:04 AM EDT
I think that is the name, it's a standard rail in front of the rear sight. Has anyone ever installed one of these on their AK? I was thinking of this for my Vepr. Being mostly an AR guy myself I have a hard time getting used to the AK standard sight system. Is there a peep hole sight made for the AK? How is it installed and where?  
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#1]
You can run a search for ultimak. i found like 6 results in the last 6 months. Most people like it a lot. VEPR II Ultimak

There are a couple peep sights around. The Mojo ($35)is available from RSA. You pretty much sight it in at one range and it stays there. Kreb's Custom offers a peep sight ($45) that is range adjustable like the normal ak rear sight.

I think there are some more peep sights out there somewhere but i cant remember them.
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 8:25:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got the Ultimak rail on  my SAM7, and like it alot.  I was used to the forward mounted reflex optics mounted on the AR's, and this seemed to carry over quite well.  It's a very well engineered mount.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have any questions about Ultimak, give them a call. The VEPR mount is really nice, it looks like it grew there... seriously, it looks like Robinson made it. The milled handguard is very nice.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 8:26:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I am thinking of getting a Kreb's Custom peep sight for one of my AK's.  Does anyone have first hand experience with it?

IMO, it seems the most simple and rugged of the peep sights available.

Thanks,

JAW
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:09:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I belive that Ober has bought one but has not had it to the range yet. But I expect him to in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I think ACE has a different sight, try www.riflestocks.com/html/new_products.html
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top