Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/30/2016 1:22:23 AM EDT
I have a SLR-106F (without a rail).  I want to put a red dot on it. Is there any good option for a mount on the dust cover that actually holds zero?
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 2:14:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 5:31:15 AM EDT
[#2]
minidot

TWS rail These work great in my experience
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 7:14:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Another vote for the TWS top cover.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Very pricey but ZenitCo B10 lower HG and B33 topcover is IMO the best dust cover mount for optics out of anything I've seen on the market, and it also gives you the option for magnified optics as well.

http://russianoptics.net/zenit.html

For a red dot the simplest and easiest method will be the TWS top cover rail which has a long history of good reviews. Personally I like the additional features of the Gen 3 quite a bit and think this is likely to be the best all around solution. Made in the US, easy to acquire and with warranty support.

I have not had any personal experience with Attero but I like the concept of their red dot mount, I just don't know how well it really works.

Z
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 2:06:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm interested with this as well.

I went and picked up ,my Tavor yesterday from my dealer, and he had a C39V2 , milled receiver AK in stock. To make a short story long, I had to sell my ARP 6.8, my ARP .223Wylde, my son's Spikes M4LE , and take out a $1000 loan to pay my taxes. The taxes were messed up, and on the day before they were due, a friend who's a senator here got the tax assessor back out here and reassessed the property, and fix my status from non resident to resident like it is supposed to be.

So, I paid $900 instead of $3000, and I got a $2000 check back for my over payment last year.

Still, I had no rifles, and had sold them at a loss to make quick sales.

I got a Tavor, and my son was wanting an AK for something different.

So anyway, this gun was really nice. Looking at the AK Operator's Union they love it, say it's the one to beat right now for the price and features, really solid and accurate for an AK, melonited barrel etc.

I called my son and he said he wanted it, so my dealer is going to bring it over today or tomorrow.

Anyway, I need a rail for this gun. My son loves the wood, so I think the gas tube mounted rails are out. That leaves top rails. Looking at the above , the TWS one seems to be the way to go, but a little more than I want to spend if I don't have to. It is listed for the C39V2, so that's a plus.

If anyone has the knowledge, and I know some of you do, and can help me out, is there anything else that will work with that particular AR ? Also, the MI looks good, but don't know how it stablizes , or if it does it well. I'd rather stay under or around $100 if I can because I still need an optic to put on it. Probably will just go with the big nasty Aimpoint, not the smaller ones, or maybe the PA MD or the Holosun.

This gun won't be getting a ton of hard use, not for now. My son has pretty bad health problems, some inherited from me, but he can't sit up or stand for long periods due to pain in the back and legs, plus headaches all day everyday. He has a neurological condition they've been trying to treat for years, but nothing has worked too well.

So, TMI, but what will fit that particular gun and be stable.

Thanks so much, and sorry for the hijack.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I went and picked up ,my Tavor yesterday from my dealer, and he had a C39V2 , milled receiver AK in stock. To make a short story long, I had to sell my ARP 6.8, my ARP .223Wylde, my son's Spikes M4LE , and take out a $1000 loan to pay my taxes. The taxes were messed up, and on the day before they were due, a friend who's a senator here got the tax assessor back out here and reassessed the property, and fix my status from non resident to resident like it is supposed to be.

So, I paid $900 instead of $3000, and I got a $2000 check back for my over payment last year.

So anyway, this gun was really nice. Looking at the AK Operator's Union they love it, say it's the one to beat right now for the price and features, really solid and accurate for an AK, melonited barrel etc.

I called my son and he said he wanted it, so my dealer is going to bring it over today or tomorrow.

Anyway, I need a rail for this gun. My son loves the wood, so I think the gas tube mounted rails are out. That leaves top rails. Looking at the above , the TWS one seems to be the way to go, but a little more than I want to spend if I don't have to. It is listed for the C39V2, so that's a plus.

If anyone has the knowledge, and I know some of you do, and can help me out, is there anything else that will work with that particular AR ? Also, the MI looks good, but don't know how it stablizes , or if it does it well. I'd rather stay under or around $100 if I can because I still need an optic to put on it. Probably will just go with the big nasty Aimpoint, not the smaller ones, or maybe the PA MD or the Holosun.

This gun won't be getting a ton of hard use, not for now. My son has pretty bad health problems, some inherited from me, but he can't sit up or stand for long periods due to pain in the back and legs, plus headaches all day everyday. He has a neurological condition they've been trying to treat for years, but nothing has worked too well.

View Quote

Attero Arms mounts are purportedly rock solid, minimalist, will work with your son's new rifle, and only cost about $75.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Attero Arms mounts are purportedly rock solid, minimalist, will work with your son's new rifle, and only cost about $75.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, just watched an installation video. I was wondering how they were locking the mount down.  Simple solution. Looks like I'll go that route. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Check out the Chaos Rail.

http://www.carolinashooterssupply.com/CHAOS_AK47_SAIGA_VEPR_RIFLE_Dust_Cover_Sight_Rail_p/chaos-dustcover-rail.htm
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 7:20:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got a couple tws which work plenty fine within the dispersion of 7.62 out of an ak, and they don't add any weight at all.  There are other options too as mentioned but tws has been fine for my uses.  

Also you could do an ultimak or MI optic specific top mount for scout mount options, just throwing that out.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:09:02 PM EDT
[#10]
My tws rail has been awesome for a few years now. I used to have a 4x scope mounted but removed it since 4" groups were all I get out of cheap ammo, but it held zero fine. I do like the long sight radius you get with the tws peep though and I added a slimmer front sight post, now I can shoot about minute of propane tank to 200-250yds pretty easy.

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:38:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I like the TWS, but I can't swing the price right now. I'm going to probably go with the Attero mount.I'll likely put a Holosun on it for now.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:56:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't know if this fits the bill or not, but I have an MI 30mm side mount that puts my comp ml3 right above the dust cover. It holds zero every time I remove it. I know it's not what you originally asked for, but it puts the rds in the same spot...you can even still use your irons through the Aimpoint. They also offer a side mount rail for if you don't have a 30mm rds. I think both mounts are made by American Defense, at least my 30mm mounts latch says ADM-MFG.com.

This is the railed side mount. Not my rifle, but a pic borrowed from google.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#13]
He doesn't have the side rail
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:13:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh, ok. I guess reading is fundamental. I missed that.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:14:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I appreciate the feedback, I've been considering picking up the mi mount.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top