Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2016 4:00:48 PM EDT
Would be thankful for some opinions. Im going to put a red dot on my AK, I thought I was sold on the Aimpoint Pro but started looking at the CompM4 (bad move). Im not sure on which to get now, the reason im drawn to the comp is the AA battery. The reason is and this might sound stupid but is because a SHTF world how easy would it be to find the small  CR2032 like my Trijicon MRO takes or the small 3v that the Pro takes ?I would think that  a AA battery would be easier to find? Both are great red dots I know but, am I looking at this too intense?
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an Aimpoint Pro that I have run on a SCAR 17, AR, and AK. It has worked fine with no issues. It is at an excellent price point for the quality, especially since they can be found on sale for around $275 at times. Nothing wrong with the M4 if you want to spend some extra cash. For a AK you might want to even check out the offerings from Primary Arms and Vortex.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 6:27:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Would be thankful for some opinions. Im going to put a red dot on my AK, I thought I was sold on the Aimpoint Pro but started looking at the CompM4 (bad move). Im not sure on which to get now, the reason im drawn to the comp is the AA battery. The reason is and this might sound stupid but is because a SHTF world how easy would it be to find the small  CR2032 like my Trijicon MRO takes or the small 3v that the Pro takes ?I would think that  a AA battery would be easier to find? Both are great red dots I know but, am I looking at this too intense?
View Quote

too intensely?

not at all.
get a PRO and stock 4-5 of the 1/3N batteries.

the pro will operate for over 5 years on ONE of them (constantly on) and they store in a cool dry place for about 15 years.

buy 3 of them and they'll last for 15 years..  (I wouldn't personally worry about SHTF if it goes longer than about a month.  This country would tear itself apart in about 3 weeks without an inter-modal redistribution system bringing food to everyone)
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#3]
+1
If the battery life was shorter I would get the m4 but at 5 years why bother.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys! I sometimes dwell on things, thats why I like to get feed back from others. I dont want to spend extra if its not needed, but do want a good red dot. Im VERY pleased with my Trijicon MRO and wanted to give Aimpoint a try have heard great things about them. Is la police gear a good solid place to order from?
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top