Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/14/2015 8:36:49 AM EDT
Okay,

I have decided to take one of my AKM's and update it a bit.
Thinking about getting a Magpul rear stock (not sure which one yet) and a railed hand guard of some sort to mount a light onto.
I am also thinking about getting the Primary Arms 4X compact prism scope ACSS that is made for the 7.62.  I have also thought about just getting another EOTech or similar since I am more used to that type of holo sight.  Either way, I want something that is mounted closer to the rear of the weapon.  A couple of the current AKM's that I am thinking of updating donot have a scope side rail attached to the receiver.  So is a top cover mount workable?  Which ones are the best but still somewhat affordable?  

Thanks for any advice!

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:31:07 AM EDT
[#1]
If your gonna do a top cover mount, either TWS or Parabellum are really your only 2 options that are worth it.  I have a TWS dogleg and it works great.  It's very well made and re-zeroes perfectly every time.  For side mounts go with RS Regulate or Midwest Industries.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 3:44:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If your gonna do a top cover mount, either TWS or Parabellum are really your only 2 options that are worth it.  I have a TWS dogleg and it works great.  It's very well made and re-zeroes perfectly every time.  For side mounts go with RS Regulate or Midwest Industries.
View Quote

Yep and yep what he said
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top