Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/10/2014 4:40:56 PM EDT
This will be the first AK scope mount I've been shopping for.  For my AR's I've always used LaRue mounts as whether its an ACOG or an Aimpoint they always hold their zero when they get swapped on and off the rifle.

I'd like a scope mount to work with the side of my SLR104FR.  I'll most likely be using an Aimpoint T-1 with it, maybe a PRO.  Is there a scope mount in the world of AK products that would be comparable to what I'm used to with LaRue AR mounts?  Something that holds zero really well when swapped on and off the rifle?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:10:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Most any AK optic mount will retain zero when removed and re-installed. However, I'd probably recommend an RS Regulate setup.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This will be the first AK scope mount I've been shopping for.  For my AR's I've always used LaRue mounts as whether its an ACOG or an Aimpoint they always hold their zero when they get swapped on and off the rifle.

I'd like a scope mount to work with the side of my SLR104FR.  I'll most likely be using an Aimpoint T-1 with it, maybe a PRO.  Is there a scope mount in the world of AK products that would be comparable to what I'm used to with LaRue AR mounts?  Something that holds zero really well when swapped on and off the rifle?
View Quote

Check out TX-Zen's site, he's tested almost all the mounts available:
http://russianoptics.net/mounts.html
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:17:30 PM EDT
[#3]
RS Regulate.

If you want the best, you'll own one eventually.  Might as well do it right the first time.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I need to update the site with some newer info on mounts.

While I echo the sentiments about the RS I don't think it's the best of all period, but it is the lightest and superior to most every other mount; and is one of my favorites. It is readily available, extremely good quality and very very light. I have the generic railed mount and the AKOG for the TA31 ACOG. Can't say enough how impressed I am with RS products.

http://russianoptics.net/rsregulate.html

Z
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 6:48:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I REALLY like the TWS for micro dots, holographics, or red dots in general. As far as side mounts I really like the idea of the RS Regulate (excluding the price) and the Midwest Industries side mount is solid.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:02:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks!  I really like that RS Regulate setup and I love the modularity of it.  It really looks like that would fit my needs the best as long as they retain zero pretty well when removed.  I may be using an Aimpoint T-1, or an Accupoint 1-4 so the flexibility of the mix and match of those mounts is awesome.  I think they look really nice as well :)
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:07:31 PM EDT
[#8]
The RS mounts are solid and awesomely light, best of the sidemounts I have tried.

That being said, just not a big fan of sidemounts, especially for small red-dot optics. The Ultimak is a great well-tested mount for this purpose, but does add to front-heaviness. I recently purchased an Attero rail mount, and it solves a lot of problems, solid, light, and puts the optic where I want it. Have not had a chance to test it thoroughly yet.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#9]
This issue is not mounts but cheek welds.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top