Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2013 11:14:42 AM EDT
Which would be a better setup?  The Fastfire with the MI optic specific rail, or a TWS dogleg?  

Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 12:34:57 PM EDT
[#1]
thats personal preference man, however I will tell you that the burris fast fire adds very little weight to a rail set-up, so it wont throw off the balance of the rifle being mounted forward. and the MI rail is pretty light itself.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I run Primary Arms micro sight (similar to FastFire) on Attero Arms mount. Like it a lot - very compact and rigid mounting platform; adds next to nothing in terms of weight; provides co-witness. I would recommend you to consider this mount as an alternative to TWS cover and MI handguard.

Link Posted: 8/13/2013 2:02:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I run Primary Arms micro sight (similar to FastFire) on Attero Arms mount. Like it a lot - very compact and rigid mounting platform; adds next to nothing in terms of weight; provides co-witness. I would recommend you to consider this mount as an alternative to TWS cover and MI handguard.

http://imageshack.us/a/img824/7110/1001302d.jpg
View Quote

Probably be my choice if I were looking to run a FF on an AK.

As an aside, if you don't already have the FF II, I would strongly consider the FF III.  The updates on the FF III are well worth the extra coin.

Link Posted: 8/18/2013 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I cant find a Primary Arms sight like the Burris FastFire.  Price? Where to find link to it.

Quoted:
I run Primary Arms micro sight (similar to FastFire ) on Attero Arms mount. Like it a lot - very compact and rigid mounting platform; adds next to nothing in terms of weight; provides co-witness. I would recommend you to consider this mount as an alternative to TWS cover and MI handguard.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/18/2013 6:51:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I cant find a Primary Arms sight like the Burris FastFire.  Price? Where to find link to it.

Quoted:
I run Primary Arms micro sight (similar to FastFire ) on Attero Arms mount. Like it a lot - very compact and rigid mounting platform; adds next to nothing in terms of weight; provides co-witness. I would recommend you to consider this mount as an alternative to TWS cover and MI handguard.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/18/2013 6:59:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote

It has been discontinued.  I have one and used it on my Vepr 12 for a while before upgrading to a FF III.  Decent little unit.

Link Posted: 8/18/2013 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It has been discontinued.  I have one and used it on my Vepr 12 for a while before upgrading to a FF III.  Decent little unit.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, as Liquidmetal said, it has been discontinued. IIRC, it was around $80. You can still use the Attero Mount with the FF, however. They also make a similar mount for Aimpoint Micro and PA clones.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:43:08 AM EDT
[#8]
As stated above, the Burris FFIII is light years better than the FFII.   If you don't already have one I would highly recommend the FFIII.  I've had both, and sold the FFII and got the FFIII and I am very pleased with it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 7:37:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I've used the fast fire on my remington 870 and an ar pistol and I really like it. I think you'll like it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:49:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah, as Liquidmetal said, it has been discontinued. IIRC, it was around $80. You can still use the Attero Mount with the FF, however. They also make a similar mount for Aimpoint Micro and PA clones.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you know if the Attero Mounts would work for the Bushnell TRS-25, since it is similiar to the Aimpoint and PA sights?

Are there any other sights similiar to the Burris Fastfire but at the level of Primary Arms? Looking for something small and inexpensive for a range .22lr
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:02:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I am fairly certain that Bushnell will not work as it does not have a removable base. However, PA has a Aimpoint Micro clone that will work. As mentioned above, it is rock solid and is available for under $100.

Unfortunately, I can't recommend any good reflex sights like FF for the price of the now-discontinued PA micro reflex. You can surely find some that might fit, but most of them will be airsoft quality.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top