Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2012 7:13:32 PM EDT
Hi guys, I don't normally hang out over here on the dark side, but I have been showing my Yugo underfolder some love lately and I have a question.
Background:
First off, I have installed an Ergo grip and tech sights [including the narrow front post] and I am very happy with the result.  I also have a simple 550 wrap on the cheek side of the stock.  I considered a Sampson cheekrest, but it looked too high to still use the irons.  I like the handguards the way they are and have no desire to swap in a rail or ultimak style mount.

I would like to also run a MRD of some type on this rifle - I own 3 Tasco Optimas, a Cmore STS, and a Vortex SPARC [all mounted on other guns] and I really like the small form factor dot sight.  Looking at the options, I find the MI, the Attero and the elusive Iron dot Replica, because Mark don't like AK's anymore..

What I would like to know or decide is #1 is there a combination that sits low enough that the Tech-Sights won't be obstructed, and [or] are any of these easier to quick release [in any fashion] with only the tools contained within a leatherman wave?  There is a small temptation to mill the entire rear sight assembly off the gun and weld a section of picatiny rail in there, and then just make a standard quick release lever like I did on my M1A:

but I am not 100% sure I could get it low enough to work.

So, o-denziens of the dark side, lead me further into temptation....
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top