Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/24/2012 12:24:37 PM EDT
Hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction.. I'm looking for something to put on my AK and I just wanted to get a better idea of where all to look. I haven't decided on exactly what I want yet, but it'll be easier once I actually see what is available.

Anyway, where are the best places to be looking for them? I've been keeping an eye on EE without much luck. I know Kalinka has them but I've heard bad things. Where else should I be looking, and what should I be looking for exactly? (Trying to stay in the lower price ranges).

Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Good people to do business with:  Eastwave

Another good guy:  Link

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 12:51:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Kalinika is good to go, I have bought 3 different optics from Kalinika without any issues.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 12:53:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Good people to do business with:  Eastwave

Another good guy:  Link

Oleg is also good to go!
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 1:45:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out this site to get a good, unbiased reviews of various optics.
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Awesome. Thanks for the suggestions guys! Now I just gotta figure out what I want
Link Posted: 10/25/2012 9:05:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Awesome. Thanks for the suggestions guys! Now I just gotta figure out what I want

I found this thread very informative, too! Thank you!
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Oleg is a great dude, got my Kashtan from him
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 2:08:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oleg is a great dude, got my Kashtan from him

Oleg also has a layaway plan Enjoy the Kashtan, it's a perfect optic for the 5.45.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Who is oleg?
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Who is oleg?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=313539471

Above is a link to Oleg's auction. TX-Zen and I go through him for Russian optics.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 5:14:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for this post & replies!!!
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 5:17:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Can I reasonably expect most of the combloc POSP scopes sold nowadays to use watch batteries that are easily available in the USA?? As in I can find them at Walmart??

Thanks, Bill
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Can I reasonably expect most of the combloc POSP scopes sold nowadays to use watch batteries that are easily available in the USA?? As in I can find them at Walmart??

Thanks, Bill

Both Kalinka's and Eastwave's product descriptions state what kind of batteries a particular scope takes.  A lot of PSOs and POSPs take AA batteries as well.  It often depends on the age of the scope, things changed-up over the years.

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:58:33 PM EDT
[#14]
One more question. I know these are not night force level optics, but how good is the quality of glass inthese $250 scopes? At least as good as a walmart weaver scope? Thanks
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#15]
The glass is very decent and usable.  Decent clarity and brightness.  It's not world class, but doesn't cost like it either.  A lower-end Weaver or Bushnell is a good comparison.  The glass is not as nice as my Weaver Grand Slam or Super Slam scopes, but they are in another price range.

The turrets on most POSPs are quite coarse at 1 MOA per click, some POSPs offer .5 MOA turrets (the Pro line for example).  Just something to be aware of if you didn't already know.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:07:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who is oleg?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=313539471

Above is a link to Oleg's auction. TX-Zen and I go through him for Russian optics.

I just ordered, from Oleg, and he was very prompt answering email questions.  I hope the turnaround on the optic is just as fast.

UDATE:  Oleg shipped the same day my funds arrived.  He'll get my repeat business.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top